Chapter Six

Mubarak's POV

I groaned to the sound of my alarm that wouldn't stop annoying my ear canals. I threw my hand to where the sound was coming from and pressed on the power button to my phone, which I definitely know could shut the alarm off. I turned my head to an opposite direction before I pulled up my blanket to a more comfortable position.

Oh! Which weather could be as beautiful as this, if not harmattan? It's just the best People!!

I mean nothing could beat being on bed with the fuzziest blanket, not worrying about anything but, just cozying and feeling the warmness steaming up your system,.......of course, except if you have an annoying alarm.

I almost smash my phone to the walls when it alarmed for the second time, I realised that I only snoozed but not off it. I got completely irritated by the sound it was making. How could anything be stealing the peace of my slumber on a Saturday morning ???? I thought I deserve this freedom, after the craziest week I've ever experienced in my life🥺

Work has never been easy, ever since we've started. Though it's growing fast, and I have to admit that the guests we had during that grand opening party helped a lot... all thanks to sadiq's dad. We got partnered up with some business people, from both genders and AlhamdulilLah we're growing gradually....in just a month. I seriously cannot explain the magic myself. Last week we had some stuffs shipped in and it was the busiest one we've had so far. Though it's the most exhausting thing I've ever done in my life, but working actually makes me happy. To know that am doing something for myself and independently, that feeling surely is different.

I haven't finished thinking back on how bumpy this business ride is getting when it hit me....

I said something about today being a Saturday....? Oh shiietttttt!!!!!!

I jerked fully awake and yanked the blanket aside, making it fly before it hit the ground. I quickly dashed into the bathroom, took some shower and brushed my teeth before I walked out to groom myself.

I clearly meant getting dressed up but, the word 'groom' made weird sounds in my tummy.....am soon going to be a groom🤩🥳

For those not catching up, let's do some recap. Its been a month since I proposed to Amrah, and that day has forever been the best one in my entire life. It has been a mind blowing to me, us and, to our families.

After about one week of avoiding Mami or talking long with her, I finally approached her to talk baba into everything. I don't have to bring it out open on how it went, but just know that it wasn't smooth....for me.

But if you insist then....Mami teased the hell out of me and couldn't stop blabbing on finally having some grand kids and Husna couldn't hid the fact that she's finally going to have an endless freedom with me not being around anymore.🙄 I seriously thought I should be the one spelling that words out for her, but she beat me to it.... obviously, she had mami by her side so it explains how I couldn't say back anything.

Baba was happy with the news, as mami informed, and he suggested that we let Baba Habib(Uthman's dad) come in town before they proceed to meet with Amrah's family. Lucky for me, Baba habib and his family, just like uthman told mami, landed three days back🤩. Hence, the plan on going for official introductions this Saturday.... Today, was made.

Am not going to lie, I love how my uncles get serious with things😋

Time flew pass that day, at least that's how It seemed. Baba Habib came earlier along with two other friends of Baba, Alhaji Majeed and Alhaji Mahmoud together with my late Dad's Best friend, Alh. Yaseer. Of course, baba invited sadiq's dad too. They all sat at Baba's parlor and conversed a while before they requested that they meet me personally, to check some things with me.