'Dying On My Knees For You'

"We should've taken him to the hospital." Allison says as she takes her jacket off.

"A kid with a shrapnel wound.. would lead to questions." Five weakly mumbles.

"Yeah well so does the murder in Jenkins' attic." Allison replies.

I place Five down on the sofa, carefully and take Allison's jacket that she had offered me from her hand and place it down on Five's wound.

"We need to get the bullet out." Allison instructs. "Diego—wha.. where are you going?"

"Mum?..." Diego slowly walks over to there Mother that was walking around with a warm smile on her face. "How are you.. walking around?"

"One foot in front of the other.. why? How do you do it?" She chuckles.

"Diego.. you mentioned your Mother was a trained first-aider.. right?" I turn to him, not lifting up the jacket for one second.

-

I sit on the chair next to Five's bed, clutching his hand as I watch his Mother patch up his wound.

"He'll be okay, Y/N. I promise." Diego puts a hand on my shoulder for comfort.

"But what if he isn't? What if he dies on us?" I look up at Diego, tears forming in my eyes again.

"As far as I can tell, he will be perfectly fine, sweetheart." There Mother known as 'Grace' gives me a reassuring smile.

I sigh and look down at my hand that was linked with Five's.

"Well.. we're going to go after Jenkin know.. if you wanna come?" Diego asks, taking his hand of me.

"Uh.. I—" I look over at Five then Grace who gave me a nod to tell me that it was okay. I sigh and kiss Five on the forehead before getting up and walking towards the door.

Allison, who was waiting at the door for me, puts an arm around my shoulder. I stop and glance over at Five, sadly and carry on walking.

"He will be okay, Y/N. Don't worry even Grace said it herself." Allison reminds me.

"Yeah.. I hope." I whisper and look down.

"Alright. Let's go." Diego starts walking in a different direction to the front door which made me frown.

"Diego, I— think you have gone the wrong way." I point to the front door then back at him.

"Oh, no. It's just that— I have police on my ass. It's to risky to go out front." Diego replies with a shrug.

"Police? What have you don't this time?" Allison asks as we walk outside.

"Holy shit." I mumble as we walk in front of at least six police cars parked outside the Academy.

"Murder." Diego says, slowly down his pace a little.

"Murd— did you?" Allison asks, taking her arm off my shoulder.

"No! Of course not. Why would you even ask that?" Diego asks, in shock.

"Hands up where I can see them!" A police officer demands, a gun pointed at him.

Diego gets down on his knees, hands in the air and I watch as a police officer goes over and handcuffs him.

"Go." Diego mouths and Allison put her hand in mine and leads me to the car.

-

It was now the next day, Allison has been driving since last night and we were now stuck in traffic.