i. Promise

Monday morning. The sun is high and the spirits low as Midtown High scholars try their best to stay focused on Mr. Brown's monotonous voice.

              "It should be illegal to have to listen to Mr. Brown and take notes this early in the morning." Felicia Hardy grumbled, the warm weather making the back of her neck sweaty and her hair prone to sticking to it.

              Misty Knight chuckled while touching up her doodles, unbothered by their teacher's lecture for she knew that Felicia was going to let her borrow her notes later.

              The latter looked around the classroom while a silent yawn escaped her lips. She suddenly realized how crowded the class actually was; Felicia had always been busy with her notes and talking to Misty to even notice anyone else's presence aside from the teacher's.

              She scanned the crowd of bored students lazily until she saw him. Brows furrowed, glasses on the verge of falling off his nose's bridge, and a tightly pursed pair of lips. 

              Peter Parker sat just a few seats ahead of her, taking notes with a handwriting only he would be able to decipher.

              Felicia's head tilted slightly as she watched the boy curiously. She didn't even know they were in the same class.

              "Hey, Misty," she said quietly, nudging her friend. Her eyes remained on the side of Peter's face. "How long has Peter Parker been in this class?"

              Misty stopped shading the rose she'd been working on and creased her brows as she thought about an answer.

              "Since forever, I think. We've always been in advanced science with Mr. Brown. Everyone else is with Mr. Robinson." she said finally, putting down her pen. "Why?"

              "No reason." Felicia replied, shrugging and going back to taking her notes.

┈┈┈┈

               School was out for the day, and that meant that the hallways were the worst place to be. Everyone was putting away books and loading their backpacks with supplies while catching up with friends. Peter Parker was not the exception.

              He was stuffing his backpack with books, Harry Osborn and Stella Feliciano waiting beside him.

              Felicia watched the trio from afar, unaware of the conversation she was supposed to be having with Misty.

              "...so I just don't understand if he means go out or just go out." she sighed. "What do you think?"

              "M-hm." Felicia replied distractedly, not having caught a single word her friend had said.

              Misty frowned.

              "Licia?"

              "Totally..."

              Misty followed the distracted green gaze and landed on Peter Parker, who was the last person she expected her friend to be so entranced by.

              "Felicia? " Misty said, both annoyed and confused. She shoved her friend when she got no reply.

              "What is your — ?" Felicia began, baffled by her friend's sudden aggressive behavior.