fool

It's a Friday night and much like every previous Friday night this summer, I find myself in my usual spot sat comfortably on Claire's couch, mindlessly binge watching a show together.. and while I wish we could be spending time together a different way, I settle for these simple moments with her, just to be next to her.

I met Claire earlier this summer and we've been practically inseparable ever since.

There's something just so endearing about the way we understand each other. The very first night we met at a party in early May, we talked about anything and everything under the sun for HOURS and we've never been able to run out of things to talk about, ever. and I mean ever.

We understand each other on such a deep level that I've never felt with anyone before. Or even so much as come close to feeling with anyone before.

No wonder I fell for her like a fucking rainstorm.. unsuspecting at first but when it does, it ends up hitting, hard.

The more I've gotten to know her, the more and more apparent it's become to me that I have feelings for her. Hell, I might even be in love with her.

I've known for a while, but I can't even bare the thought of losing her if I told her, or debatably even worse, making her so uncomfortable that we lose our connection.. So, I've resorted to staying quiet. Which I know is less than healthy.. and with time has only shown to become increasingly harder and harder to do every time I see her... But I mean- I'm not just going to not spend time with her... It's Claire, how could I ever?

The TV might be playing but my mind is in a completely different plane, and I can't help but to gaze over and admire her from time to time, her eyes intently focused on the screen in front of us, my eyes can't resist but to flicker down at her full lips as she laughs cutely from the scene playing, before I quickly stop myself, shaking my head slightly as I swiftly glue my eyes back onto the screen, my cheeks slightly flustered as I block the intrusive thoughts from flooding my mind.

I hope to God she didn't notice that

'You can't mess this up with her, you can't mess this up with her' I repeat over and over in my mind, as we continue watching in silence, it all quickly becoming overwhelming as I break into a small sweat, my heart beating hard as I can feel a panic attack starting to set into my chest.

"I'm uh- gonna go to the bathroom" I abruptly state, bluntly getting up from off the couch, leaving the room before Claire can even begin to respond.

"Get it together, y/n" I mutter under my breath just moments later, splashing my cheeks with cold water from the faucet, before sliding down the wall slightly, sitting down on the cold tile floor for a moment, taking deep breaths while counting the beat of my heart rate, something that has always been a sure way of calming myself down, doing my best to compose myself, before I return back to my spot on her couch before she could start to worry.

"Is everything okay?" Claire asks with concern in her eyes with my return, her eyebrows knit together cutely, the way they always do whenever she's trying to read a situation.

"Oh yeah- yeah, everything's fine" my breath hitches for a moment as I compose my next words, "just uh- really had to pee" I say bluntly, to which Claire giggles cutely the way I love so goddamn much and my lips can't help but to curl into a goofy smile that only she's capable of dragging out of me. I was quite literally on the verge of a panic attack not even 10 minutes ago and this girl somehow has me cheesing.

God, I love the way her dimples light up when she smiles

"So I was thinking..." Claire starts and I intently listen, turning to give my full attention to the pale brown haired girl beside me.