home sweet home

Waking up in Claire's arms is something I've grown to never take for granted, the kind of thing you only learn to value after being away from her for such long stretches of time during tour. You'd think I'd get used to it after dealing with her leaving so often in the 2 years we've been together, but it's still so dreadful every single time. I missed absolutely everything about her and it was almost excruciating being away from her for almost four months..Everything from the way she smells and how her eyes and dimples light up when she smiles, and how soft her lips are, and how she always gives me her full and utter attention whenever I speak like I'm the most important person in the entire world- I longed and ached for. I won't even lie and say I didn't cry more in the last four months than I have, arguably, in years. Needless to say I'm over the moon knowing I get the next few months of her all to myself.

I turn my head slightly, being careful not to wake up the fluffy haired girl still cuddled up to my side, my heart absolutely melting at the sight. I can't help but notice how the light from the morning sun shines so effortlessly perfect on her face, highlighting all of her delicate features. The autumn leaves just barely visible in the horizon looking outward from the window, making me want to freeze time, it's so perfect. Claire's tattooed arm still remains draped across me as she so peacefully sleeps, and I can't help but seize the opportunity to softly trace the newest addition on her forearm, the tattoo she got to remind her of me while she's gone (which I still think she's absolutely insane for doing by the way), the design so subtle to an outsider, yet screams so obviously us to Claire and I. Just one out of our many inside jokes.

I hear the door crack for a second before I see an excited Joanie come running through the door, before jumping on the bed. I try my hardest to keep the fluffy dog from waking Claire, but Joanie inevitably eventually wins the battle, waking her up with small licks on her nose, Claire groaning and crinkling her nose slightly, "Jo" Claire said with a rasp and a small laugh, before smiling and petting the tan fluffy dog making me do nothing but smile wide like an idiot.

"Well at least I know Joanie missed me" Claire said sarcastically breaking the peaceful silence after a moment, with a smirk

"Shut the fuck up" I said playfully, smacking her with the pillow lightly

"Wow. I finally come home from tour just to get assaulted" Claire teased

"You dork" I said playfully back

"Such a bully" Claire rolled her eyes and laughed, before breaking the small space left between us, connecting our lips, her hands moving up and intertwining with my hair, pulling on it slightly giving me immediate butterflies. But to my surprise, she doesn't escalate things, then again it is still 8 in the morning after all.

"You don't even know how much I missed this" Claire said after a moment, breaking the kiss with a small laugh, her hands still remaining intertwined in my hair.

"Have I ever mentioned how much I'm in love with you?" I say sarcastically after admiring her for a moment, her brown fluffy hair messy but somehow still adorable with her light freckles and her soft pink lips puffy from sleep.

"Hmm..I don't think you have actually, I'll have to think about that one" Claire said smiling wildly, before pulling me back into her arms and into a passionate kiss that ended in us both giggling. We lay in a comfortable silence for a moment, my hands taking their place now in her messy bed head hair, moving down to caress her cheek gently, while getting lost in her eyes, I've always loved and admired Claire's eyes, they're deep yet remind me of home at the same time, I could get lost in them for hours with ease. Joanie taking her place comfortably between us.

"Fuck it, why don't we go on a day trip today just the two of us?" Claire says out of the blue, in between the comfortable silence

"Really? You just got home love, I didn't think you'd feel like going out, and I know you're probably still so tired and, and-"

"It's different whenever I travel with you" Claire cuts me off, and I can notice her trying to compose her next words, "I can't really explain it..but it's different whenever it's us, it's like an adventure" Claire states, my heart fluttering over her words

"Well then fuck it, let's run away" I joke, placing a soft kiss on her plump lips that we both smile deeply into.

-

It doesn't take too long before we're packed and on the road in our little blue subaru forester, Joanie all cozy cuddled up in the backseat with her favorite duck toy to keep her occupied. Claire's hand resting comfortably intertwined with mine, the other placed on the steering wheel while we absolutely belt the lyrics to everything from Joni Mitchell to Madonna, and I can't help but look over and absolutely admire her from time to time, almost like I'm making sure she's actually real and exists, I've never felt such euphoria.

We pass a Dunwoody sign and I know we're getting close, I gaze out the window for a moment, admiring the autumn leaves displayed and sprawling down the mountain scenery, Claire and I both making eye contact when the intro of 'Case of You' comes on shuffle, us both simultaneously dramatically belting the lyrics, like we aren't helplessly and undeniably in love.

"Oh, I could drink a case of you, darling" we sing along, Claire unbuttoning the first few buttons on her flannel, just for dramatics, giving me a wink as she does so, still singing along, making me bust out laughing as she does so.

"You're my holy wine"

As the song ends, I almost think I'm dreaming as I hear her next words.

"I think I wanna marry you Sofia"

"Actually, I know I do"

-

-

a/n - (skip if you'd like) :)

eek!! and that's first chapter done !! i've been working on writing out these imagines for quite some time now, but i've finally had the time over break to actually finish them and now i can't believe i'm finally publishing lmao

as you might have noticed, this chapter was very inspired by Reaper, one of my absolute favorites off of Sling, i just loved the depiction in the song and the homey feeling and decided to flesh it out some :)

if you have any ideas or comments about thoughts you have on this chapter, or maybe even some things you'd like to see in future chapters, feedback is so welcome and i genuinely wanna see y'all's thoughts

if you read all of this then ily and i hope you have the best day ! :))