Chapter Fifteen

It's been a week, and now all I could do was sit here helplessly, waiting for the right signal, allowing me to go inside Ward 3b and check if Grey Eyes was okay. When it first happened I was the only one there, in the hospital, right by his side after he had come out of the A&E. I couldn't even begin to explain the hurt and disdain I felt as I witnessed him strapped up, bloody and in pain.

All because of Z.

He can burn in hell...

All these months of connecting with him and having him protect me... All those moments on the balcony that we shared.. All the times he made me laugh, everything. He was dead to me now. He promised he wouldn't inform his cousins about me, he put his hand on heart and willingly swore that he would keep me safe.. said he'd protect me, and like the foolish girl I was, I believed him. I clung onto his every word desperately, in the hopes that it would bring us even closer, and now he's not only broken that trust - but he's made a mockery out of it.

I didn't blame his cousins for reacting in the way they did. Even though my memory still isn't intact, I know that I done wrong when it involved Michael, and I'd be angry/upset to knowing someone had led my cousin to their death. No, I didn't blame them at all.

Only one I can truly blame is Z.

The cunt.

The prick..

He had the audacity!

And now look at the damage he had caused. All of his evil-doing has resulted in pain to the one I care about the most. Grey Eyes didn't deserve this, and even though I know he'll pull through, I still won't ever forgive OR forget what Z has done to him, and I'm sure he won't forget it either. I sighed and rested back on the uncomfortable hospital chair. I needed to see him; just to be sure he was alright. Right now his wound was being examined, and he had gone through an X-ray before I arrived. I don't know the results of them, I'm just hoping he's okay, otherwise I won't know what to do with myself.

This past week I've been wondering where Grey Eyes had been kept, and how he managed to escape..

And why Shankz couldn't just tell me.

For Brandon to even take such pain for me meant a lot. This just proves he'd take the bullet for me. If I knew he would appear at that split second, I wouldn't have allowed him to do it. He can cherish his life and enjoy it, whereas I can't.

"Erica," my eyes shot up immediately to nurse Roberts, who had been my companion throughout the week. She had gotten accustomed to my face, and even had my name memorised since I had been here every day. Some days she'd allow me to stay beyond visiting hours, which was kind of her. I'm just waiting for Grey Eyes to get out of this hell-hole. She brushed back her loose curls with her left hand before proceeding towards me.

"He's been checked, feel free to go in," I nodded and stood up off of the chair. I've now met his mum, the third day of him staying in here. Needless to say she was beautiful, and had a pair of wonderful brown eyes; she was also kind too. His older brother was there also, but only muttered a few grieving words, so I didn't know what to make of him.

I opened the doors to ward 3b and went straight to the last curtain. Grey Eyes lay there, peacefully, with his eyes closed. My eyes immediately got attracted to the big patch over his side, near his chest. I quickly looked away and sighed deeply.

This was my doing, this is my all fault.

That's all I could ever think, whenever I see him, like this, all I could do was blame myself.

I took a seat next to his hospital bed and watched him closely, taking in everything I could, and admiring his smooth skin and wonderful body. It was a shame he was like this. Since he's been in here I've felt even lonelier than usual, since he weren't by my side.