Puzzled

I gave a nod to the job for which Kingsley Kwon came to me. The job of co-manager or something. I'm at Yeoinaru building, where Baekjin hold his office. I got a call from Eugene while I was screening through some papers trying to get an idea, what his business  about.

"Did you check the shuttle patch?" Eugene asked as his voice dipped at the end.

"N..o, what's wrong?" I asked

"Jake Ji declared to fight Ben Park, a voting poll was announced and they all are voting Jake.." Eugene muttered and I clenched the papers tightly.....what just happened? A fight? No motives?

"Out of blue, this doesn't seem real" I said, what the hell? I though Jake was a peace loving guy, where did this came from? Is someone from union instigating?...no what does this have to do with Eunjang? 

Kingsley entered the room unannounced and said to me

"Miss Park, there is a meeting of union members right now, will you arrange the necessary things like serving coffee to the members?" 

"Wait, can't they do that themselves?" I said in an exasperated voice.

He pushed his glasses and said 

"Your work is also of co-manager, like a secretary, you are supposed to do what I or Baekjin say-" he stopped as I heaved a sigh and apologized for my behaviour. 

Whatever I don't care, I bought the so called fucking members the coffee they want. I entered the room without thought, I presumed there won't be anyone present yet and I stopped in my tracks and saw the four of the member- Wolf keum, Jimmy Bae, Forrest Lee and even Jake Ji were present. 

My heart dropped at their sight and they dug a hole at me with their staring. I placed the coffee tray at the table and felt Wolf Keun glaring daggers at me. The atmosphere of the room wasn't friendly at all.

Jake had a quizzical look at his face, and Jimmy Bae's mouth curved in a thin line of dislike. Forrest was usually staring just at the table.

KISS KISS FALL IN LOVE , BABY YOU'RE MY LOVE.

My phone rang aloud and I jumped at the ringtone of my own phone, it was so awkward that my ears burned red and I stiffly walked out of the room, I need to change the ringtone asap.

I suddenly bumped into someone as I just came out and looked up met that fiery crimson eyes. It was Baekjin.

"Selena Park, congratulations on your first day" he smirked as I was clueless but it got registered eventually.

I didn't reply, just nodded to him and went away.

Great, it was one hell of a first day.

*

"What's wrong with your face Gerard?" I asked as I was on the rooftop with Ben's entourage, each one of us were present. 

Gerard's face was covered with some adhesive bandages over the tip of his nose, around his jaw....anxiety filled in me, some days ago, he just talked to me, he was fine....

"Jake showed up at his workplace and tried to beat him half to death" Alex explained as he rubbed his temples in frustration.

I gasped, I just met Jake, two days ago? Half to death...? But the fight was between him and Ben...no way...why did he...? I was frustrated, as questions sprung in my mind, why would Jake do that? Why only Gerard? How is he so conflicted with Ben? 

"Its okay..he didn't ambush me or anything, we both agreed to fight, Its no big deal" Gerard muttered in his voice, but it sounded low than his usual, I clenched the helm of my skirt, Jake....why did you..?

I said to Gerard

"How it is no big deal...what if something happened to you? If you don't care about yourself I DO" I stopped and everyone's eyes were on me, 

"What are you all staring at?" I asked them, my throat felt dry and I thought if I'll speak I'll cry, so I took a deep breath to calm myself down.

I glanced at Ben, his look darkened and his face hung low, I can tell, he's not thinking about anything right now, he probably furious.

"Big ben, you shouldn't fight Jake" Gerard muttered in a low voice.

"Ben...why are you silent?" I asked Ben.

Then suddenly Ben straightened up, his eyes looked determined and straight and he said

"No, I'm gonna fight' he declared and I swear everyone's eyes were going to pop out of their skulls except Gray.

He continued

"Its not because of you Gerard or Gray, I'm going to fight for myself, I think that's what I should do"

I was stunned at what he said, I gaped at him in disbelief.

"You're lying" I muttered and it was probably heard by few because I straight headed for the exit from the terrace, I descended the stairs, Ben is lying, he'll probably never fight for himself, he's doing it because Jake threated all of us. I bit my lip as the thought came in my mind

"He's never going to fight for himself, if he did too, he won't know, because he's an idiot"

I was quietly siting near the window pane of our class, wondering about what Eugene told me about Naksung Yoon and his goons, they work in Daehyeon High, but under direct Baekjin orders...what if they interrupt during Ben and Jake's fight....things are gonna get messy.  

I put my face in my palm, there's no solution to this...wait, they work under Baekjin's order so why will they get involved with Jake...? The solution hit me and I shot my head up from my palms....don't tell me...Baekjin is behind all this?!

I was gazing at the clouds in dismay as I tried to remember Timothy's words "in order to pay for his expenses, he made a deal with Baekjin to pay expenses" , but this doesn't match with the current scenario, why would Baekjin....did something, oh Ben defeated Jimmy Bae and Gray Wolf Keun...? SO? 

There was something I was missing, but even if I knew that Baekjin instigated it, would good would it do...I'm not strong enough to protect anyone. I'm pretty much....worthless.

I went to our base room, which at the bottom of the stairs,  shook the door open and it creaked in silence and the room was empty. I took a seat on the couch under the small window, the window gave the view of pretty rustling leaves, they sounded cheerful, but I felt as empty as the room.

Jake...Ben, honestly I don't want these two to fight. Besides those two...what if others get hurt as well, my breath hitched at that thought, no, no, no please not all of them....but what if? Just like what happened with Gerard..? I can do nothing, really.

I dozed off.

"Park, I'm sorry about Ben's arm" Alex stood in front of me as his head appeared bandaged.

"Why..?"

"It was because-"

I suddenly shot my eyes open, huh? I woke up and I was lying in the room on the bottom of stairs, the sinking sun's orange rays filtered throughout the little window, I looked around the room puzzled..

Was it a dream? Why was Alex apologizing? I ruffled my hair in confusion. What the hell is going on...?

I apologize for such a short chapter.