[4] Well...

Vincent watched as M sprayed the kindergarten's wall, doodling whatever characters crossed his mind. It was nice having someone to hang out with, really. Before he met M, he'd spend hours alone, waiting for Victor and Alexander to finish with their jobs before meeting them. Thought which once again made Vincent wonder just what M did for a living. He sure seemed to have a lot of time on his hands, and -judging by his fine looks- economy wasn't a problem to him. 

     Vince frowned as realisation hit him. He knew that man for almost two weeks now, yet he knew nothing about him. M refused to let him know his name, avoided bringing up his job, didn't share too much information about his personal life... Yet, not even once has Vincent felt uneasy or unsafe around him. It was strange, really. 

     "Have you ever entered this kindergarten?" M asked thoughtful, turning around to face Vincent who sat on the floor of the outside hall of the building. Vince nodded slightly.

     "Well, I came here as a kid. About one year after leaving kindergarten it closed, though, so I didn't really have access inside it ever since." 

     "Well, aren't you curious as to how it looks like now?"

     "It's locked, you know. And I'm not really into Urban Exploration." 

     "Well some windows are broken so we could just climb in. Come on, you could even record the inside! I bet there's graffiti everywhere. Your viewers on youtube will love it!" M insisted, already walking along the hall to find a shattered window to climb in through. Vince reluctantly stood up, his camera in hand as he hurried to catch up to his friend. 

     "Can't we at least wait until tomorrow? It's going to get dark soon, we won't see shit." Vince murmured, looking behind him at the sky occupied with fire like clouds. M tsked, focusing on pulling off some window shards in order to make the climbing possible. "M, what if there's some hobo inside?" as he turned around to face M, he saw him checking the inside of the building trough the missing window's frame.

     "You go in first, you won't be able to make it by yourself. That's what happens when you don't drink enough milk as a child, shorty-wonky!" M teased, then interlocked his fingers, holding his hands for Vince to step on so he could get up to the window. 

     "I'm not short, it's you who's tall!" puffed Vince, then placed his foot on M's interlocked hands, supporting himself on the wall as he was being lifted, holding the camera in one hand. He easily climbed through the window frame, then jumped inside the empty, cold room.

     He hated it being there alone. He knew it would be a matter of time before M would climb in, but God, was it creepy in there. He recognized the room as the bathroom. Leave it to M to choose the creepiest room in the whole building. The time had scratched the walls mercilessly, taking away their once blue colour. The floor was covered in a mess of tile, shattered bottles, crumpled papers, mirror pieces and random unrecognizable objects. 

     The stalls were full of graffiti, as were the walls, but it wasn't something Vince would record, seeing as most of it was 18+. He gasped loudly the moment M's backpack fell to the ground next to him with a loud thud, making him stumble back a few steps. M himself soon followed, in swift movements. 

     "Vincent, are you, by any chance, scared of an abandoned building?" M teased, dusting off his pants. 

     Vince just replied with a 'shut up', then pushed M out of the room and into a hallway, where he barely managed to keep himself from shivering. Of course, the hallway was quite the sight. Endless, dark, with children's drawings on the walls and on the floor, each smiling face digging holes trough his soul. Ignoring the lifeless stares aimed at him, he looked around in awe at the way things changed.