Chapter 2: Tired Of Your Sight

Clearing your throat for a better composure, "Miss Romanoff, this is a private property that I own. So basically if I forbade your presence, you should follow, or else my security guards would gladly take you on the ground floor with a limp body afterward." You remarked confidently as you proceeded with typing another important document.

"Oh please." Natasha taunted, "We both know my capabilities, they'll be the ones who'll be broken. Besides, I just want to talk."

"Well I don't have time for nonsense, I'm a very very busy person, so if you don't mind, please leave."

"I just precisely listened to your girlfriend announcing that you don't have a busy agenda today." The redhead lengthened the word girlfriend, her voice was compressed with what you surmised was jealousy.

I mean, you don't care but still, why?

"I'm the boss here." You spat in a monotone voice. You're getting punctured as the clock tick for another second. You don't even want to spare another peek towards her way because every second you see a glimpse of her face, the resentment in your insides keeps getting bigger and broader, to the point where you feel you're being suffocated with it.

"Well, boss." She sassed, her voice filled with sarcasm before resuming, "I said we'll talk because you still have time."

"If you want to talk to me you can book an appointment with Janine, which I'm pretty sure wouldn't be given any interest until your death."

"Y/n." Natasha sough, silently begging for you to listen or just even spare her a glance.

"Coda!" You yelled instead. The redhead narrowed her eyes in confusion as you kept up being unbothered before adding, "Bring the security in my office right now."

"Yes, Miss."

Not even a minute enacted, five muscular men, dressed in a black tuxedo, emerged in your doorway with a pistol in their hands. One of them stepped in front before inquiring, "Miss?"

"How did this person get in here? Didn't Coda instruct you that she's been banned in this building?" Your tone was replenished with dissatisfaction whilst questioning them. You were about to admonish the technology you composed but then he cut you off as if already knowing that you'll yell at him.

Plus, he's like your son. So, you'll care for him like one. "Miss, I mailed them a brief notice about that. It's not my mistake this time." Coda defended itself. You huffed deeply, not liking to lash out at any of them.

"Please do your duties appropriately next time. I don't like wasting my money." You announced to them seriously, eyeing each one of them as if they are young children who did a nasty thing.

"I'm sorry, Miss. It's a mistake on my part." Julio, the head of security, stepped up and acknowledged his fault. "I promise I won't let it happen again."

"Good. Now, take her outside." You told them whilst motioning them to remove the sight of the woman you don't really wanna see right now.

"Wait!" Natasha stopped them momentarily before gazing at you directly when she noticed you peeking at her with a quirked brow, "You banned me? Me?"

The tone she used with her last wording made you feel something familiar. The way she had just spoken had you clenching your heart. It's as if something provoked your heart to be squashed by an incredibly sharp force you don't even know where is coming from. Nonetheless, you obtained yourself and then commenced glaring back at her with powerful enthusiasm.

"Yes, you. Now, out." You snarled then promptly looked away but you didn't miss the glimpse of frown etched on her face. She surprisingly let them be and walked out with them without letting out an assassin's moves. However, you didn't lose the glare she sent towards Janine who was presently peering at you with a worried expression.