11

~11~

~11~

My finger hovered over the call button. It has been for the past 5 minutes. My heart pushing it forward and my head pulling it back.

This was an impossible decision.

Call Lili.

Don't call Lili.

Call her.

Don't.

Stop being a pussy and fucking call her.

No you imbecile! You have a fear of confrontation stemming from your deep-rooted childhood trauma!

Thank's for the fucking reminder!

The debate was getting more vile by the minute and I was beginning to fear my own mind with every second I let it continue. I was in the actual bathroom at the guy's hideout, sitting on the toilet with my knees to my chest and my head tilted downwards at my phone.

I had to talk to her. It has been so long and she hasn't been answering my texts. So of course she's mad at me, that's obvious. And what else is obvious is why. I know why. But she doesn't know I know so does that mean I'll have to bring it up? Or will she do that herself? And whoever does that, is it the other person's responsibility to give an explanation?

No.

I will give the explanation.

Yes. That's it.

I finally pressed call, and my heart sank deeper and deeper the longer the phone rang. Its annoying tone echoing off the bathroom walls so loud that I looked away from the phone, thinking that would fix the problem.

Then it went silent.

I looked down.

Declined.

I stared dumbfounded at the phone, left staring at my long list of contacts and code names. My mouth hung open for what felt like ages, until a knock on the door spooked me and made me lose my balance, falling forward and landing on all fours on the ground. I hissed, knowing it would leave a bruise and stood up, rolling away the pain and opening the door as I fixed my hair.

It was Cliff, furrowed brows prominent as he stared at me. "Should I ask?" was all he said.

I walked past him and plopped down on the couch, shaking my head, "Nope. I'm just having the regular occurrence of thinking my friend hates me." I huffed out in frustration.

"Your cop friend?"

"Yep. I was hoping to talk to her and clear some stuff up before we go through with tonight. But shocker shocker, she declined my call." I sighed. Cliff sat on the opposite side of the couch and sighed with me.