8

~8~

~8~

"Livia?" His voice carried across the room. It was deep, deep but gentle. Changed. He's changed.

His eyes narrowed as he stepped forward, leaving a muddled Mick's side and slowly making his way over to me. I was frozen, thinking I wasn't seeing straight. Has all this stress gotten to me? Was I really seeing my brother right now? Alive, here in New York? Here, standing in front of me and having relations with this operation? these people.

"How are you- why-" What should I ask, what should I say?

I couldn't say anything, instead, I did the only thing I've wanted to do since we were separated.

I met him halfway across the room and hugged him at full speed. I wrapped my arms around his neck, holding his hair between my fingers, keeping him close like he was going to disappear.

He hugged back, squeezing me tighter than I did him. I thought he wouldn't remember me. He was so young, I was so young. We've changed, I bet. And what are the chances we see each other now? Of all times? this way? Brought together by chance at a bad time.

It didn't matter. He was here. And that's all that matters really.

"Holy fuck, how are you here? Where did, where have you been?" I asked him, speaking in shaky breaths. I move my head back so I could properly look at him, placing my hands on his cheeks and rubbing them. My thumb traced over a scar on his cheekbone.

"Don't you remember?" He asked,  and for a second I thought I misheard him. Remember? remember what?

He must have seen my expression and know I didn't remember. He looked past me and that's when I noticed Lucas and Ricky were there. Mick looked just as confused. "Ahem." Cliff cleared his throat. How could a voice be so foreign yet so familiar? I backed up and released him, unable to look away though with the casual glances at our audience.

"You two know each other?" Lucas asked, arms crossed, looking between us.

And cliff said, "She's my sister."

-

Cliff's pov
-Years earlier-

A loud bang went off, followed by the sound of running footsteps. The sound of my heart was thumping in my ear, even as the ringing of my own eardrums seemed to drown out my own thoughts. I looked around in a panic, searching in the dark room for Livia.

There she was, huddled on her bed looking towards the door with her chest heaving up and down.

I tried to leave the bed, to go to her, scared. But she gave me a look telling me not to. Maybe she knew what was happening. I trusted her, I stayed in bed.

Everything after that happened so fast. She walked out of the room after a few minutes of dead silence, and then she screamed. A second later she was back in the room, grabbing my arm, and dragging me out of the room. She kept me close, my stuffed piglet kept tightly to my chest.