~chapter Ten~

Y/N: Hey kids! what are you doing?

Olivia and I stop a few feet in front of the kids. Irene still looks confused.

Kid 1: look at her ears, mister. She looks like a freak!

Kid 2: Yeah, like a monster!

Irene: but I'm-I'm not a monster...

Y/N: Leave her alone okay? She's not a freak, and she's definitely not a monster.

Olivia: Let me handle this, Y/N.

To my surprise, olivia has suddenly grown her elf ears!

Y/N: What are you doing, Olivia?

Olivia: Hello, Princess-I mean, Irene. Finally, we found you. What are you doing here? We're late for the costume party!

Y/N: Eh?

Kid 1: What? A costume party?

Olivia: Yes! We're having a costume party at the busy Bean. Today is weird EarsDay! Right, Y/N?

Y/N: Yes! Today is weird ears day.

Kid 2: Weird ears day? I've never heard of that before. 

Y/N: That's because we're the ones who invented it! Visit the busy bean when you have the time. You'll see what I mean.

Kid 1: Huh. Sounds interesting. Sure, we'll check it out.

(Whew. Good thing they believed us!)

Olivia: Irene? We need to go. Take my hand.

Irene: ...

Slowly, Irene puts her hands in Olivia's.

Olivia: There. That's it.

Y/N: Lets go back to the busy bean. Hopefully, Belle and Alvin have returned.

__

Turns out, Belle and Alvin are still outside.

Y/N: They're probably still looking for Irene.

Olivia: Could be. I'm sure they'll return soon.

Y/N: In the meantime, can you open up shop while I take Irene upstairs?

Olivia: Understood. We already have customers outside, princess, please get better soon.

Irene: ...Yes...Thank you...

Y/N: Don't forget to remove your elf ears, okay?

Olivia: Oops! Thank you for reminding me, Y/N.

Olivia proceeds to open the busy bean. I accompany irene upstairs. As soon as she enters my room, Irene approaches the mirror.

Irene: ...

Y/N: is everything okay, Irene? We were worried sick about you. We thought something bad happened.

Irene: .....

Slowly, Irene takes off her clothes. I try not to look at her, but I fail.

Y/N: Do you want me to get you a shirt?

Irene: No. Not yet.

Now in her underwear, she stares at her body.She stands there for a few minutes. I don't know if I should interrupt.

Irene: ...Did you hear what those children said? they called me a freak.

Y/N: Just ignore them. Kids will be kids. They're-

Irene: I like it here...in the human world. I want to become one of you.

She points at the mirror.

Irene: But look at me. look at those ears. And that body... I'm an elf. Sometimes, I wish I wasn't.