And I Disappear Behind The Beat. - Chapter 1

My names Andrea Carly Webb. Andy for short. My brother is Matt Webb. He's my step brother. He's just a couple months older then me. My mom left my dad and I when i was five. I used to think it was because of me. Then my dad started dating other women (which bothered me) and he ended up marrying Matt's mom. Don't get me wrong I love them both to death! I got used to calling my step mother 'mom'. And I love Matt to death! We have no secrets. Sure we're like all the other siblings, we have our ups and downs, but at the end of the day, I love him! He's my brother how could I not? He's in a band called Ramsay Fiction And the lead singer just so happens to be my crush, Ever since 7th grade! He was my best friend. Then high school started. That's when I met my new best friend Victoria. But Josh would never want to date a girl like me! I'm pale and ugly! Or so I'm told.

.oO Andy's POV Oo.

I look over to the seat next to mine. It's empty. Like usual. I'm starting to worry about Josh. He hasn't been coming to school lately. The most I hear from him now, is from my step brother Matt, when I ask how his band Ramsay Fiction is. I like him A lot! I wish he'd feel the same way. Maybe I might be able to convince Matt to bring me to his next practice, just so I can hear Josh's wonderful voice!

Josh was my best friend from pre school to grade eight and everything about him was prefect. But then something happened, I don't know what, but something did. I guess we started drifting apart.

When grade nine started he stopped talking to me and I met Victoria. And just like that, Josh and I forgot about each other. He wasn't the same guy I knew for the past 15 years, he was different now and I was like, non-existent to him. The only difference between him and I was that, I didn't forget about him. Ever since grade seven I've had feelings for him. But sure, I've been throw my share of failed boyfriends in the past but none of them will ever compare to Josh, the boy with the brown and blue hair.

"Andy!" I heard my English teacher, Mrs. Banks say "Watch the movie!"

I bite my lip, still thinking about Josh, turned my head to the TV and zoned out.

.oO Josh's POV Oo.

Drinking, Drugs, Herion, was all I could ever think about. I just had to get my daily fix. It's not hard to do when you're around the right people. I'm not popular, but I'm well known. But here I am, an other day of school skipped sitting in my room with Aerosmith CD on repeat quietly singing the lyrics to myself.

I grab an elastic band putting it around my arm and watching the veins become more visible for my drunken eyes to see. I take a needle and fill it to the rim with heroin. I then injected the brown fluid into my blood steam and I felt my heart rate increase. Giving into my newly acquired energy I stood up and punched the mirror on the wall.

I watched my reflection shatter and fall to the ground. I picked up a piece of the broken glass and ran it across my wrists as I watch the blood start to run.

I was addicted, and I was completely aware of it. But did I give a shit? No. Only a few people knew about the heroin and booze, but nobody knew about the cutting. And I intended to keep It that way. Hours pass and I slowly start to drift asleep. I awake to a knock on the door.

"Josh! Open up! I know you're in there!" He continues to pound on the door. It was Matt. The step brother to my crush, Andy, ever since 7th grade! I open the door for Matt. Matt steps in.

"What happened to your mirror?" Matt asks.

"I fell!" I lied.

"How'd you do that?"

"I dunno! I just fell!"

"Okay. Okay! Are you ready for practice?"

"Yea, I guess."

"Oh, and I brought Andy."

"You what?"

"Andy. I brought her."

"Oh okay." Josh holds back a smile.

.oO Andy's POV Oo.

I did it! I convinced Matt to being me to his bands practice. I finally get to see Josh again!

"Josh! Open up! I know you're in there!" Matt yelled as he pounded on Josh's bedroom door. Josh opens the door. Matt walks in his bedroom and starts talking to Josh. I waited outside his bedroom patiently. Just down the hall was, I guess Josh's music room. His family is very musical. Finally Josh and Matt step out of Josh's bedroom and walk to Josh's music room.

"Hi Andy." Josh says.

"Hi Joshy. Oops sorry Josh! Old habit I guess!" Josh chuckles a bit.

"It's okay!" Matt grabs a guitar and starts strumming a few chords. I stand in the back looking at all of Josh's posters he has hung up.

"I'm thirsty I'm going to get a pop. Want anything?" Matt asks.

"No thanks!" I reply.

"Coke Zero." Josh replies. Matt leaves, leaving Josh and I alone.

"So how've you been?" I ask Josh.

"Alright. You?"

"Not to bad." I miss him like crazy!

"Oh." Josh turns to me and His eyes lock on mine, His lips come crashing agonist me. I felt the warmth of his lips on mine. Josh pulls away.

"I'm sorry! I've been wanting to do that for a long time now!" Josh says trying to explain himself.

"You have terrible timing!" I laugh. I kissed him. His lips melted into mine. I missed him. I haven't seen him in months, and know here we are kissing? It felt right though. The door opens.

"Here, Josh I got your Co-" Matt looks at us. I pull away. "WHAT THE FUCK?" Matt yells.