Chapter 6: ice cream

I looked up at the tall man standing in front of me. It was the man himself, Satorou.

I was at a loss of words but thankfully he always knew what to say to me to help me out.

"Did you miss your favourite uncle?"

"Honestly, yes. I was thinking about you. It can't already be 3 p.m.?"

"No, but danger has been evaded." He said that with his signature I'm-Gojo-Satorou-and-I'm-awesome face.

"Do you mind telling me what this mission was about now that it's been resolved?"

He hummed as if he was considering it. "Well, I guess you're going to find out sooner or later."

He looked down on me, without the usual intent of someone looking down on someone else, and I looked up at him with anticipation. Height difference. That was the reason.

"Let's get some ice cream," he proposed.

"Uhh, sure."

We sat on a bench and ate our ice creams. As soon as he was finished, he stood up and declared, "It's time for me to go."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. That's no explanation. And here I was hoping I could have a heart-to-heart talk with you."

And he was gone. Coward.

Walking home I had the opportunity to reflect. Something happened and I'll very likely find about it soon. Satorou is involved somehow. There was danger but I wasn't in any. Wait. So he made me stand it that one spot just so he could keep me out of danger and find me easily? Man, he's so lame sometimes.

But why go to such lengths? And how long did he know of the 'danger on Friday'? He called a while before any of us knew that we had rescue training. Maybe he even had someone else look over me while I stood there?

Subconsciously I had walked to U.A. It was quite late already but I didn't feel tired. I might as well and get the pleads for mercy over with, I thought, if they even are necessary. I just didn't show up. How bad can it be? Detention maybe?

I knocked on the staff room, but it was empty. So much for getting it over with quickly. Well, I should at least get my books from class.

As I entered the class, I met most of my classmates, with a few exceptions, in their little bit beat up hero costumes who were equally shocked to see me as I was shocked to see them.

"WHERE THE HELL DID YOU COME FROM?" Bakugou shouted.

I didn't know what to reply. I didn't know what I was allowed to share, and I didn't know how much Satorou was to blame for what happened to them. Whatever it was that happened to them. The fact was that he knew and only kept me saf-

"DON'T YOU DARE IGNORE ME!"

Oh, right. I should say something.

"What happened to you all?" I asked, considering the potential gravity of the situation.

"We were attacked by a bunch of villains at USJ. That's where we were supposed to have our rescue training," Momo answered in Bakugou's stead who was too busy raging at me, which I had promptly ignored.

"Oh, I'm so sorry." I really was. Especially knowing that I had been safe, but also because I was starting to fear my uncle, a little bit more than before.

"Where's Mr. Aizawa?" I remembered to ask.

"He's at the hospital. His injuries were quite severe."

I didn't hear or see who said that because my head filled with thoughts and eyes welled up with tears. I felt partially responsible for not being there to help fight the villains. I wanted to fight villains or anyone with bad intentions.

I don't think I said anything as I left the room and ran home.

Luckily, he was waiting for me.