Chapter 0: starting line

Boom. An explosion happened somewhere near me.

I ran towards the smoke and pushed myself through the crowd to see. Why couldn't I have grown taller for my age?

Some weirdly shaped muck, fire, heroes, growling, an audience. Heroes aren't doing anything though. Well, besides saving some people.

I would have blamed them in any other situation, but my own quirk would also be of no use presently. I have no attack power and I would only fan the flames. I don't need more grown-ups giving me their unsolicited attention.

People are encouraging the heroes and wondering where All Might is. Apparently he was spotted dealing with the same villain earlier. A screw up? By the Number One Hero? I guess we're all human. But at least he stopped this pile of goo earlier.

As I was wondering what was about to become of the pair of eyes trapped inside the dark green figure, I felt a gust of wind. Next thing I saw was a boy with green hair run towards the villain, throwing his stuff at him, and frantically screaming something as he dug away at the sludge. Incredible, I watched in true awe.

Next thing I knew All Might smashed the villain to bits and somehow produced rain. Really, is he a god, I thought. No. God would have not let the villain escape in the first place.

I dialled a number. "Hey, it's Y/n. No, I didn't miss you. But yes, I want to start tomorrow."

I started two weeks later. So much for what I want.