Chapter 3: the call

"Oi, Oi, my favourite pupil," the voice from the phone annoyed me.

"Stop it, uncle Satorou. We both know you need both of yours."

"So it sounds like you survived AND you're in good enough spirits to banter."

"Of course, you know it!" I said cheerfully, "You trained me, remember?"

"Resorting to flattery, I see."

"What do you want?" I inquired. He would never call me to know how my first day of school went.

"I just wanted to know how your first day of school went."

"Liar!" I said with passion in my voice, "What do you really want to know?"

"I was wondering whether you were regretting joining U.A, considering your feelings towards the hero society."

"I am right where I want to be, and you know it."

"Well, I wouldn't have convinced them to accept you if I hadn't sympathised with your dream."

"So, what do you want?"

"I need you on Friday in Yokohama. Top secret."

"Oh, okay, so you'll notify the school?"

"Nope. Top secret, remember? Skip."

I was taken aback for a hot minute.

"What's my task?"

"I just need you to keep watch and maybe follow a few people. It's not a big deal. There's no danger involved."

That should sound sketchy to anybody, even those who don't know Satorou.

"And I guess there's no option for me to deny you," I said defeatedly.

"You're absolutely right, Y/n" uncle Satorou said cheerfully and hung up the phone.

I let out a small sigh. If I owe someone so much, I guess my own goals in life are of secondary importance. But I'm lucky that in a way we're of the same opinion when it comes to bringing about a revolution.