Promise

I woke up in a hot sweat tears streamed down my cheeks and my body shook slightly.

I looked beside me to see Addison sitting up. "I'm sorry if I scared you, you were having a nightmare so I had to wake you" she whispered as she rubbed soothing circles on my back.

"Thank you I'm sorry I woke you" I whispered back

She sat back against the headboard of the bed, patting the empty space next to her.

"do you remember what it was about?" she asked as I nestled myself in her arms.

"just a bad memory" I replied I didn't want to tell her exactly what that memory was for I feared what she might do if she found out.

"do you want to talk about it?"

"not yet" I said with a yawn

"I'm going to braid your hair until you fall back to sleep and then I'm going to cuddle you and keep you safe until we have to get ready for work"

"okay addie" I yawned as I adjusted myself in a way that allowed her to braid my hair while still allowing me to cuddle her.

My eyes drooped closed as she wrapped her arms around me. She started singing and I swear she had the voice of an angel.

"i'm sorry I ran away mer" she whispered thinking I was asleep "I love you and I promise I'll never leave again"

"I know, you have to stop beating yourself up over that, it wasn't just you and I love you too so so much" I said sleepily turning around to kiss her gently on the nose.

"mer if this is going to work I need you to promise me something"

"okay what is it?"

"I need you to promise to stop almost dying. Because mer I don't think I can watch you almost die or die again"

"Well I had another plane crash scheduled for Tuesday but I guess I could canc-"

"meredith I'm serious"

"I know, I'm sorry, I promise I'll try my hardest to be safe and not die"

"thank you"

"anything for you" I giggled as she pulled me closer and kissed me softly on my lips.

****

"Madonna I'm coming in you better be fully clothed" I faintly heard Jaz shout.

"what are you doing here?" I said once I woke up.

"the hotel was booked and my girlfriends shower is broken so I'm using yours"

"what's wrong with the shower in your room?"

"it's not as nice as the shower head in your one, it's s like rainfall, its comforting"

"alright but don't take too long me and addie have to shower as well" I whispered gently running my fingers through the sleeping redheads hair.

"we can shower together" she mumbled sleepily. Okay, so maybe the not so sleeping redhead.

"okay" I giggled

"I did not need to hear you giggle like a 12 year old girl with a crush this early in the morning" Jaz said as she pretented to throw up all over my floor.

"we better get breakfast ready while she's showering" I cooed brushing addison cheek gently with the backs of my fingers.

"sleepy" she replied with a pout.

"We are going to be late if we sleep in any longer than we already have" I reasoned

"Richard won't care he's just glad I'm back" she pouted keeping her eyes pressed firmly shut.

"your cute when you pout"

Her pout turned into a smile. A slight blush spread across her cheeks, she opened one eye to look up at me.

"did I tell you how hot that braid looks on you" she said as she clambered on top of me straddling my waist with her legs.

"how about a quickie before breakfast?" she asked brushing her fingers off of my clit while my pants were still on.

"as much as I would love to we don't have time"

She pouted and cuddled into me again "if we make breakfast quickly though we might have time for one in the shower" I whispered into her ear.

She shot out of bed and raced to the kitchen I heard press doors opening and shutting and pans clanking on the counter top.

"what are you making?" I asked as I walked out of my bedroom and into the kitchen.

"something I learned to make when I went on a trip to Ireland in college"

"And what is that?" I asked curiously

"an Irish fry and while we don't have all of the ingredients I thought it might help Jaz with her homesickness" she said as she cracked two eggs into a frying pan.

My heart fluttered and I felt butterflies in my stomach she was such a good, kind person that had been through things a person like her should never have to go through.

"that's so sweet of you"

She blushed and bit her lip "I just know what it feels like to miss something so much you feel sick"

"me too, I promise that I'll never let you go again" I said wrapping my arms around her waist, swaying softly as I rested my head on her shoulder.

Jaz was quickly out of the shower and almost cried when she saw the breakfast addison had made.

The pair were bonding and I was thankful, I needed my two favourite people to get along.

Addison and I quickly ate our breakfast and scampered off into the shower.

She was even hotter than I remembered naked and she saw me naked for the first time.

"will you braid my hair for me for work?" I asked her as we were getting dressed

"of course, do you want the same one as last night?" she asked as she moved to sit behind me.

"yes please, oh I almost forgot I have something I want to give you" I said standing up and rooting my dresser to find what I was looking for.

"here" I tied the thin lavender ribbon around her wrist kissing her hand gently once I was done.

"mer is that" she began

"it's the ribbon from the cupcake box. I want you to wear it so that when you get scared that I'm going to die or leave you can look at it and remember I'm not going anywhere and neither are you" I said as I tied it around her wrist tears pricked her eyes and she gave me a soft peck on the cheek taking my hands in hers.

"I realise how soon this is and you can just ignore it if your not ready but I figure since we already said I love you-okay I'm just going to say it, meredith will you be my girlfriend"

"I would love nothing more"

"hey are you two still sexing eachother up in the shower or are you ready to go" Jaz shouted from the kitchen.

"we weren't-" addison fumbled as we walked into the kitchen.

"I'm dyslexic not stupid" Jaz laughed

"leave my girlfriend alone bean" I said swatting her arm

"ow don't be mean" she teased pulling my hair gently.

"hey, take it easy you two, one of you will get hurt" addison said standing between us to stop us from mess fighting

Jaz let out a snicker and stuck her tongue out at me.

"you've never been one to do what mommy says Madonna"

"I'm going to kill you" I whispered through gritted teeth

"oh my god, we're a half an hour late, quick" addison exclaimed after she checked the clock on the wall.

At least she didn't seem to hear what Jaz said.

This one's pretty uneventful but I hope you enjoyed!