13.

I was so caught up in my own mess that I forgot all about my mothers business party. She held a successful jewelry shop that also had beautiful dresses she designed. My mom was a fancy women, which meant I was expected to be dressed beautifully head to toe.

I slid my hands over my hips that fit perfectly in the dark black, skin tight fabric squeezing my body in all the right places. The dress loosened at the bottom, a slit splitting on the right side to show off my beautiful matching black heels. For a girl with a mother who held a fashion business, I could never walk in heels.

I sipped away at my Kitty kocktail at my families table, listening to my mom give her thank you speech. Hundreds of people crowded the banquet hall at every table, including the Cameron's at the table beside us. Sarah was missing from her usual spot, jogging my memory of the current circumstances. They all knew she was alive.

I couldn't help lifting my eyes to Rafe who wore a black tux with a matching black tie. He was someone from a romance movie who held a dark secret that the main character would fall for, except in this reality, we were both in on it.

I set my glass down, lingering my gaze on the red lipstick stain I left on the edge. I busied myself with this instead of worrying over the empty table at the end of the room where the Williams' reserved cards sat untouched. Dustin's family sat beside his table for the past few years, though I never paid much attention. I never saw Trevor here because it was his mom who cared about the jewelry, not her husband or son.

This time, Dustin made an appearance. It made me overthink why he would come this one year instead of the others. He appeared once or twice over the last few years, but why today? Why this year? His eyes were glued to the Williams' table of empty seats that were occupied a year ago.

I had to get him alone. I had to question him without giving away too much. Somewhere I could catch him without his parents finding him. If I wasn't going to knock at his door, I would confront him here and call him out for all the notes he left on my car. He had to of found my address somehow. Possibly following Rafe and I from the cliff.

My mom finished her speech, earning loud whistling and applause. I shoved my chair back, allowing my legs to carry me to the opposite side of the room. Rafe's eyes caught me the second I passed his table, the corner of his eyebrows knitting together.

Dustin was already up and swiftly moving across the room. I was so close to reaching him until a hand caught my wrist, spinning me around. I yanked my wrist back to myself, ready to argue with whoever caught me.

"Where are you going so quickly?" Rafe held his hand up, granting space between us.

I nodded my head towards the food table not far from us, but to my shock, Dustin was gone. Scanning the room, I realized he was gone from the room. "Great. Now he's gone." I mumbled. "I'm going to the bathroom."

Rafe nodded, sitting back down at his table. I raced down the hallways the best I could, allowing the sound of peoples conversations drown out behind me. The clanking of my heels made their way down the hallway, past the bathrooms.

The hallways were gorgeous. They weren't filled with bright lights. The chandeliers were dimly lit, matching the energy of the banquet hall. Beautiful fake candles sprung to life along the walls filled with beautiful designs.

Where could he have gone?

A door closing in the next hallway marked out the next turn. No one was there. I yanked on the door, finding it locked from the outside. Someone was here a moment ago and was too fast for me to catch. I rolled my eyes, following the next hall. It was like a maze in here.

I froze in spot, a shuddering feeling sending shivers down my spine. I knew this feeling all too well. I searched in front of me, beside me, all around me. Someone was watching me. I could feel it. I wanted to shout out and confront this person. This person most likely being Dustin. I kept my mouth shut.