9.

I sprinted all the way to the to the beach the moment I got a notice of Sarah's return. I saw the blonde sitting at a bench under a palm tree in the shade. She was probably being more careful about being seen now that she's back so word wouldn't pick up quickly.

My arms cling to her body, pressing her tightly against me. Hers found their way around my waist too, not leaving once. We stayed like that for a while. I never wanted to let go. I missed her too much that I was afraid that if I let go she'd disappear again.

She pulled away, wiping her cheeks from the tears trickling down. I did the same, chuckling. I longed to tell her what happened so she could comfort me. I knew she would understand why I did it, but no one could know. If she did, as much as I trust her, she also trusted the Pogues just as much.

The Cameron's didn't see her yet because Sarah didn't want to see them. She was still mad, convinced that they were the cause of all of her troubles. I wasn't totally against her reason for leaving the Kooks, but I wasn't a fan of the Pogues either.

"You can't tell anyone I'm home, okay? I think my family knows. I told Wheezie, but I think my family spotted me. Still, you can't say anything." She whispered.

Her family knew? Rafe never mentioned anything. Neither did Rose or Ward. We had dinner with them three nights ago. I was at the same table as Wheezie who knew the same thing. I assumed the Cameron's did too by that point.

"I won't." I held up my pinky finger, letting her intertwine hers with mine to insure the promise.

We snuck back to my house, sitting in the comfort of my room. My parents were off at work, giving us the perfect opportunity to sneak her into the house. I let her take a shower and wear a fresh pair of my clothes. She let out a sigh, closing her eyes as she plopped down on my bed.

"I missed this." She breathed, enjoying her time in the comfort of my room.

Little did she know that this room wasn't all comfort. The hammer was still in the drawer calling my name. Rafe had the gun, but I had the hammer.

"Did any of your friends mention a party?" I blurt.

She sat up, keeping herself up with her arms. She shook her head, frowning. "No. Why?"

"I was just wondering. I heard it was crazy." I lied, washing off the whole conversation.

She shakes it off too, converting the conversation to her and John B. She explained their marriage, excited to explain all the details. It wasn't legal, but she didn't care. That's another thing I liked about Sarah. She enjoyed all the little things. She would spend hours saving the mice from the birds that swooped down to eat them.

I smiled at her excitement, her eyes swarming with joy and happiness. I didn't like John B, but I respected their relationship. She was set on him being a good guy. It wasn't my place to say anything to her, so I stayed out of it and continued listening to her crazy experience in the Bahamas.

She told me how much I would love this girl named Cleo. She was a badass girl who quite literally saved them and helped them on their way back here to Outerbanks. First they landed in Charleston, where she bumped into the Pogues. Now she's here in Outerbanks after a long night out at sea.

"Sounds like an adventure." I chuckled.

My phone vibrated in my pocket. I pulled it out, gaping at the text Rafe sent me just now. Like he said, I grabbed the remote from my nightstand and quickly flicked through the channels. Sarah watched with furrowed eyes, questioning me why I was acting the way I was.

I didn't respond, my heart pounding in my chest. The news channel filled my screen, the news reporter almost too loud for me to bare. But he stood there with a microphone in hand, dozens of men swarming the area. Half of them were news reporters while the other half were medical workers. My blood froze at the sight.

"We hold news from the Trevor Williams case that just opened a few days ago. Sadly enough for the Williams' family, their son Trevor went missing after attending a party at nine-thirty pm Sunday night. Missing posters were strung up around the Outerbanks area with a reward of $13,000 if anyone found their son. Unfortunately, we hold the news of the young man's death. Nearby fishermen were shocked at their heavy catch, only to come up with nothing but the body of Trevor Williams-"

I flicked off the channel right away. I couldn't hear anymore of it. I dropped the remote onto the bed beside me, feeling the stickiness of his blood on my hand. Confirming it was all in my head, Sarah took my hands and looked up into my panicked eyes.

"Did you know him?" She asked, pulling me onto the bed with her.

I couldn't admit it. I couldn't admit I murdered the boy on screen. So I went along with her question, nodding. Tears brimmed my eyes. They found him. Soon I'd be in prison for the murder of Trevor William's. I'd drag Rafe with me, too.

Sarah laid down beside me, pulling me close to her so I could press my forehead against her chest. I let out a sob, not allowing myself to press my hand against my mouth. She rubbed my hair gently, whispering sweet things to me that would make me feel better.

I was crying for the family of the boy I killed. I was crying over my own irresponsible actions. Over the night I felt his hands on me involuntarily. He wasn't innocent, but neither was I. I should've gone to the cops instead of murder him. Now I couldn't because that would be confessing. I couldn't have that and neither could Rafe. Now we just have to wait.