6.

The next few days felt crazy. Missing posters eventually started showing up around town and I could do nothing but ignore them all. They were handing out a $13,000 reward for anyone who found him, but both Rafe and I doubted that they'd find him.

The only thing keeping me going was the fact that Sarah was alive. I felt bad keeping it from Rafe, I did owe him one, but Sarah is my best friend who is more like a sister to me. I trust her judgment more mainly because she's the one in that situation and not me.

"Have you seen my hammer?" My dad shouted the day he went into work.

Two days ago. When he came back from work he asked my mother a thousand times. Then he asked me, asking if I took it when I took the car. I told him no, I was in no need of tools at my friends house. I debated giving it back, but I couldn't bare it. I'd get him a new hammer if I need to.

I haven't seen Rafe since then. I don't have his number either, but I'm sure he's seen the posters too. Everyone has, that's all everyone is talking about. It changed from Sheriff Peterkin to Trevor Williams too quickly.

I tried to stuff all those feelings behind me, but still whenever I felt hot or sticky I would be reminded of Trevor's blood. I found myself washing my hands longer than I needed to. My mom yelled at me for wasting so much water washing my hands for 5 minutes. I would take it so far to scrub my fingernails and under them as far as I could get. I washed my clothes and threw them away.

After that I would lay in bed and cry. It was one thing after the other. I would feel his hands on my body and whenever I would cover my mouth to cover my sobs, I would feel that too. I tried to sleep, but I couldn't. Those two thoughts rummaging in my brain. All I needed was for Sarah to come home. Come home and give me a hug, tell me that everything is okay. That's she's fine. I would hug her and comfort her after everything she's been through. I missed her.

My mom mentioned dinner with the Cameron's later on. I told them I didn't want to go, but they told me I needed to get out of the house more. So that's what I did. I got out of the house and used my paddle board to cruise through the water near our house. Every time I looked down at the water, I would expect to find Trevor's body floating below me. So I kept my gaze forward and ignored it the best I could.

I stopped at the beach a few blocks down and tied up the board near the dock. I'm sure it wasn't the correct way, but I didn't care to think at that point. I slid my flip flops on and continued up the beach no matter how annoying the sand got between my toes.

I reached the outdoor restaurant right off the beach, glowering at The Wreck across the street. Rolling my eyes, I skipped up the steps of the restaurant and sat at the bar area where multiple couples sat watching the game on the tv screen. I waited for a free waiter to take my order, trying to seem as normal as possible. If I didn't act normal, someone would get suspicious.

"Hey, Atallia!"

The seat beside me spun around, a person now occupying that seat. I wasn't sure whether to be annoyed or grateful for someone else's presence, but they didn't notice either way.

"What's up, Kelce?" I smiled, hoping he'd buy my half fake smile.

The waiter came by, taking our orders. I ordered a kitty kocktail, Kelce ordered a lemonade. Here, we couldn't order alcohol. The servers knew half our faces here and after a few tries, they caught us. It was still a comforting place to be, so we continued coming except we promised to order normally.

"You know, boating, fishing, golfing..." Kelce continued the conversation, naming off the different activities he's been enjoying.

Topper sat down beside him, ignoring the way Kelce glanced at him almost like Topper ruined the moment. I liked Topper and I was upset hearing what Sarah did to him. He was upset about Sarah too, of course, but then again Sarah would be back and they would figure it out themselves.