The Book (BTS Jungkook)

You felt bad. Really bad. Incredibly guilty.

You were usually an organized person, but there was no other way that particular job could've been done. You hated that everything you had planned out might be disrupted due to one unfortunate event. You especially didn't like it if you owed it to someone to get a job done and you couldn't do it due to certain situations. It was like you had a disease similar to OCD, but something that involved everything else being perfect as well.

Your mother fell down the stairs the other day, and you had to take an immediate trip to your hometown. This indirectly meant you couldn't return the book you had borrowed from the library last Wednesday. That book had a long waiting list which made you feel all the more guilty. There was nothing you could do now anyway. You had already landed in your hometown and were on your way to your house. You had to think about your mother now. You were praying that she was okay. Your sister was at home anyway. She would've helped her. Even then, you couldn't help but be worried about her and immediately booked the earliest flight, which had happened to be in an hour, hence leading to you not having time to return the book.

"Is mom in her room?" You immediately asked your sister as soon as you entered your house.

"No, she's in the kitchen," Your sister said, holding one of your smaller bags while following you to your bedroom.

"What? What do you mean she's in the kitchen? I thought you said that the doctor suggested 1 week of bed rest!" You exclaimed. You couldn't believe that she was actually doing stuff around the house when she was supposed to be resting.

"She refused to stay in bed for long, saying something about her elder daughter coming home after so long only just to see if she's alive or not," Your sister mumbled. You facepalmed. You knew that the injury wasn't serious, but knowing that she only got you to come home because she missed you was crazy. You felt even more guilty now. One, for not making time to return the book. Two, for not coming home as much as you should've. You simply couldn't help it. Your job demanded that you put in the extra hours even during the weekends. It was fortunate that you loved your job as much as you did.

"Mom, let me do that," You said, trying to stir the soup. Your sister had dropped the bags in your room while you decided to talk with your mother.

"You came to see if I'm alive or not, right?" She pushed you away from helping her. "I'm very much alive. Now, go back to where you came from. Your boss must be missing you already, considering how you live in your office 24/7," She answered haughtily.

"Mom, you know that isn't the case..." You mumbled, but even you knew that it was true. "Okay fine, it is! But, you know that I can't take it if something were to happen to you!" Her eyes softened.

"I just wanted to see you, honey..." She placed her hands on your face. "I'm sorry, I won't worry you too much next time."

"There won't be a next time," She threw a questioning look your way. "I've talked with my boss about a transfer to our company's branch here. It wasn't possible before because of my lack of experience, but I got it confirmed yesterday before coming here." You explained.

"Why didn't you mention it before?"

"I wanted to get it confirmed before getting you guys excited," You shrugged and went to find your sister to tell her the news.

"By the way, did you know that the Jeong's kid, Jungkook, is also coming back?" Your mom asked after you all settled down to eat.

"What? Jungkook? I didn't know," You responded, putting on a blank face. You and Jungkook had been good friends since childhood as your parents were friends with each other. You lost contact with him after you both separated after graduation. You had a crush on him for a long time. You hoped that it would disappear with time, but the remains were still there, and you suspected that your mother knew about it too.