Prologue

This is my first story! Please vote if you're liking it so far and comment so I can read some feedback from you guys. Ex ohhh

~Reannaaa;)

-------------------------

I remember it all just like it was yesterday. The heartache, the longing for reasoning, the recurring voices in my head telling me it was all my fault. I didn't know at the time my foolish misconception about the man on Driftaway Lane was going to change my life; I wasn't prepared for the impact it had on my family. My friends. My whole being. Nobody was safe. I couldn't trust the world.

Everywhere was danger.

"Breaking news: the disappearance of suburban mother Acacia Williams is still a crime left unsolved. Investigations are underway and search parties have been released. We will keep you updated on further news. This has been 6 o'clock fill-in, thanks for watching." 

All over the news. MY MOTHER. Gone with the wind.

I know I can't change the past. That's not what I'm looking to do. But something out there is telling me that I shouldn't leave this. I shouldn't leave the remnants of the past 4 painstakingly difficult years drift away until they are nothing but a distant time in my life I forced myself to forget. No, not this time. I needed answers.

It's been 1364 days since my mother's disappearance. I know it might be weird that I know the exact number of days, but it keeps me sane; I still have miniscule shreds of hope left inside me that tell me my mother is still alive. I don't think my heart could handle it if I were to ever find out she was dead. No, no, I take that back... I KNOW I wouldn't be able to handle it. The night of her kidnapping was one of the hardest things I have ever had to deal with in my whole life. It pushed my father over the edge. He had been battling fierce depression for years prior to this; I always told myself he was happy, and that there would be nothing that could ever tear our family apart... but he pulled the trigger. Looking back, I realise how immature I was. I took him for granted, I always assumed he would be there for me.

I guess you don't realise how lucky you are until you lose everything.

-------------------------

That's the prologue! I highly doubt anyone is actually reading this story, but if you are... I love you <3 Stay strong lovelies!

~Reannaaa;)