Ch. 6 - On The Road

A/N HALLUR! Ugh, I'm getting so slack with updating lately. Sorry about that... I'll try to update at least once a week. It might be mostly on weekends, but that's okay right? Anyways, enjoy this chapter and don't forget to vomment, share and fan :D Stay strong, and I love you all!

~Reannaaa;)

-------------------------

While I'm still in this house safely, I guess I'll snack on whatever food is left in the pantry, which I had no room in my bag to pack.

Walking down the steps I notice nothing about the house has really changed. Sure, P.T. and that lady payed a second visit and all, but everything looks the same. They haven't messed anything up and I'm glad about that.

I step into the kitchen and my eyes land on the counter top, where in permanent marker there is a message crawled on top of the smooth granite.

"HAVE YOU CHECKED ON THE DOG?"

I hear a loud thud in the living room and my eyes snap to the doorway where I see a slender shadow coming increasingly closer.

-------------------------

My whole body stiffens and I begin to hyperventilate internally, totally unready to face what could turn out to be my death.

have to get upstairs and check on Rocco! I swear, he was sleeping when I woke up... I think to myself angrily. How stupid am I to not realise he might have been unconscious? If I lose Rocco, I have nobody left. Absolutely nobody. I have to go search for my parents, at this point I recognise I have no choice. Their safety and health means more to me than anything else in this world. I need to focus on getting out of here before P.T. comes in and maybe I can reach the stairs and rescue Rocco, dead or alive. 

I silently tiptoe over to the edge of the kitchen, pressing my whole body into the wall beside the archway into the living room. Luckily, there's a gap next to the fridge I can hide in and peer out while still remaining unseen. I slowly edge my way along the wall and slip into the corner of the kitchen, in my new hiding place. I release a breath I didn't even realise I was holding, anxiety rushing through me and making me feel completely and utterly helpless. All I know is that I needed to stand my guard if I'm going to get out of here alive.

I press my ear to the wall and gasp as I hear the sound of loud shoes clambering towards the kitchen. This is it, I think to myself. This is the moment of truth.

"Yeah, I left her under the bed and injected the mutt" P.T. states. "and she's seen the note, I know it."

Wait, he saw me and he didn't even kill me? And what did he inject Rocco with? Tears of sadness and confusion start to fall silently down my cheeks as I imagine life without him. Right now he is one of the only reasons I'm able to stay strong. Surely they wouldn't have killed him, right?

I'm snapped back to reality quickly as I hear muffled dialogue on the other end of the phone. I recognise that it has to be the voice of a female, his 'sidekick', I suppose.

"No, no, I didn't kill the girl. That would be totally foiling the plan wouldn't it? We can't afford to let that happen." He said agitated.

The footsteps become louder and I can just make out him making his way towards the island, his arm leaning against it and his body being plopped down onto one of the stools. He looks annoyed and tired; there are bags under his eyes and a 5 o'clock shadow on the bottom half of his face. Must've had a rough night, I think to myself. Wait, why do I care? This guy kidnaps my parents and all I can think about is how tough his life is. He should be the one taking both my parents' and my own feelings into consideration, not the other way around...