Chapter 17

*AHHHHHH, LAST CHAPTER, GUYS. (Uness I somehow decide otherwise). It ammounted to about 7-8 pages in my word document making it the longest chapter I've ever written! I briefly contemplated breaking it up, but couldn't find a good spot to do that, so I'm posting everything! I hope you all enjoy and thank you TIMES A TRILLION for sticking with this story, for voting, for leaving those wonderful comments, and for reading. Really, I love you all so much, just...thank you. (And as usual feel free to point out any spelling errors and the song on the side just seemed like a nice way to end the series.) :)

Tony Starks' a.k.a. Iron Mans' P.O.V.

"She was talking to someone, Tony," Pepper whispered, cornering me by the bar. Clint and Natasha sat quietly on the couch, Natasha sending a message to Bruce stating that there was urgent business to attend to at Stark Tower and to call her back, while simultaneously requesting a status update on Roland. Rogers had gone to wash up on another floor, and I was too confused to really come up with a witty response, because everyone she could be talking to was here.

"Talking? And you didn't think to knock?! Was she just talking out loud to herself, or are you sure it was another voice?!" I hissed back, not wanting to panic the others unnecessarily. Pepper gave me a flat look, letting me know immediately that she was unhappy with my tone of voice, but answered nonetheless.

"With someone, it was definitely a mans voice, but it didn't sound familiar and there are no connected phones in that room, so I ruled that out." A man? Who in the hell- My eyes widened and Pepper took in my shocked expression with one of concern, distress written all over her. Without a second thought, I hurdled the few steps and took off towards the guest suite.

"Stark?" Natasha yelled, but I ignored her, turning to sprint headlong down the hallway. Instead, I crashed into something and landed flat on my back, sputtering from the impact.

"Ow." I instantly relaxed, pushing myself up as Calypso did the same, brushing her tangled locks aside to rub her forehead. She wore an oversized sweatshirt (most likely one of Steves' spares) and a pair of leggings which Pepper probably dug out of her closet.

"Are you okay?" I asked, helping Calypso to her feet, and she nodded, scrunching up her nose, and I noticed a faint pink mark from the arc reactor blossoming on her forehead. But that wasn't my main concern right now.

With a practiced calm I waited until she was entirely steady before asking, "Then would you mind telling me who you were talking to in the suite?" She froze, eyes going wider than I've ever seen them, the blue nearly blinding, before she cracked a nervous, lop sided smile.

"I...uh...can explain? It's what I was going to explain, so if I could just, um, do that?" she stuttered out, pointing back toward the grand room where Clint, Pepper, and Natasha stood, looking undeniably confused and even a little irritated- just as I was.

"Of course, we'll just wait until the old man joins us, then you're free to explain for however long you'd like," I replied, ruffling her hair, and momentarily keeping my suspicions to myself. If it wasn't who I thought it was, then okay. If it was, we'd be having a serious talk about trusting strangers from different galaxies.

Calypso's P.O.V.

"Alright," I sighed, taking a seat on one of the various cushioned chairs, while everyone sat on the couch opposite of me. Well, Clint was on the floor and Natasha was standing behind the couch, but they were in that general vicinity. Suddenly, a surge of guilt welled up as I stared at the people in front of me, the people who had become my friends and completely dysfunctional family. I had put them through hell and back, had unintentionally endangered their lives, had gotten them mixed up in affairs they never should've had to deal with, and yet they still welcomed me with open arms. For that I'd be forever grateful. I drew a deep breath before continuing.