2296-2230

Chapter 2296: It’s None of Your Business

Evil cultivators often fought against each other for resources, but Miao Jingjing was working for Gu Ning now, so Gu Ning was naturally worried about her.

Miao Jingjing was no longer a cultivator, and she might be in danger if her enemy caught her. Evil cultivators wouldn’t obey the law after all.

“In case the air of the evil cultivator completely fades away and we won’t be able to find the evil cultivator, I’ll chase after them right now. Call me after you arrive at the flower trading center. I’ll tell you where I am then and you can come over,” said Jing Yunyao.

Because Gu Ning was coming from the Haicheng District, it was far away. Even if Gu Ning drove very fast, she wouldn’t arrive until an hour later.

It was snowing heavily, so the traffic on the road was much slower and Gu Ning’s speed was limited too. At this moment, she still needed about twenty minutes to get here, and Jing Yunyao didn’t have time to wait for Gu Ning’s arrival before searching for Miao Jingjing.

“No problem,” said Gu Ning, then hung up. She focused on driving and tried to reach the flower trading center as soon as possible.

Jing Yunyao immediately used her senses to track where the air of the evil cultivator went. As long as it still existed, Jing Yunyao could feel it. Therefore, after a short while, Jing Yunyao made sure of the direction and chased after them.

Fifteen minutes later, Gu Ning finally arrived at the flower trading center, then she called Jing Yunyao.

At this time, Jing Yunyao was still following the air of the evil cultivator ahead. She hadn’t met the evil cultivator yet.

Once Gu Ning heard which direction they went, she drove over.

Following the air of the evil cultivator, Jing Yunyao drove to a remote place. About an hour later, she arrived in the wilderness. There was no one around and it was only a weedy road.

Because the ground was covered by snow, Jing Yunyao could clearly see the tracks left by a car. She thought it must be the car driven by the evil cultivator.

However, that was just a guess since the tracks might have been left by other cars. Although this was a wilderness, there was a road, so there might be a village ahead. However, she could feel that the evil cultivator went along this road given the air she sensed.

After driving on the narrow road for about a dozen minutes, Jing Yunyao saw a few houses in front. A van was stopped next to one of the houses.

Jing Yunyao wasn’t sure whether the person living inside was the evil cultivator, but she didn’t continue to drive in case she was discovered.

After getting out of the car, Jing Yunyao was ready to walk over. However, before she reached the house, she heard a car approaching from behind.

Even if the car didn’t appear in Jing Yunyao’s view yet, she knew that it was Gu Ning. Therefore, she didn’t leave and stood there waiting for Gu Ning.

Before long, the car drove into Jing Yunyao’s view, and it was indeed Gu Ning’s car.

Gu Ning stopped her car behind Jing Yunyao’s, then got out of it. “How is it going?” she asked, walking towards Jing Yunyao.

“There are a few houses ahead. I don’t know whether they’re occupied. They are far away, so I can’t sense the air of the evil cultivator from here. In case the evil cultivator is in the house, and to prevent them from being alerted, which will put Miao Jingjing in danger, I stopped the car here,” said Jing Yunyao, showing obvious worries.