Chapter 7 - bonding with pepper

A/n: I just wanted to say thank you all so much for reading my story. It really puts a smile on my face. Enjoy!

*A couple of days later*

It's about 9am and you're on the floor of the common room playing with a marble run that you constructed yourself out of wooden blocks, toilet roll tubes and stacks of books. Steve is reading on the couch behind you and Wanda is making cups of tea in the kitchen - you can hear the noise as it is open plan. You hear JARVIS make an announcement that everyone needs to meet in the common room ASAP.

Y/n's POV:

Tony briskly entered the room after the announcement was made, flashed me a grin and stood leaning against the couch excitedly waiting for everyone to arrive. Sure enough, Vision glided through the wall followed by Sam then Natasha then Bruce then Clint then Pepper through the doorways and Wanda came through from the kitchen holding two mugs of tea. One for herself and she handed the other one to Nat who she had came and stood next to. "Hey everyone! Took you all long enough!" Tony started his speech.

"Tony, it has been one and a half minutes since the announcement" Steve said looking up from his book behind me.

"Well I've got some stuff to say ice pop! First, we all - excluding Banner and Pepper - have a mission that we leave for in..." he checked his watch "31 minutes." Sighs echoed round the room as everyone had hoped they would have the day off. "We're going to Mexico to retrieve something I can't say in front of the kid." I heard a couple of people scoff. I guess what he said wasn't very useful. I giggled and started playing with my creation again. It was so satisfying to watch the marbles fall one after the other on their twisting descent. Click. Click. Click. The marbles hit the staggered hard back books one after another. Tony had been trying to talk over me but he kept stopping and getting distracted so I wasn't really listening. "My god! What is making that sound?" Tony finally raised his voice.

"Oh... ooops! Sorry, Tony!" I said as I eventually realised from everyone's staring that he was referring to me and the marbles. I put the marbles back in their bag and shuffled by body backwards so my back was leaning against the couch. Steve leant down and stroked my hair.

"Anyway, on a much more exciting note: I'm hosting a celebratory party tonight for the successful mission we have yet to complete! And all of you are invited. And by invited, I mean expected to be there."

"Yes Man! I'll be there Tony!" Sam said, walking over with a grin on his face to give Tony a high five. Pretty much everyone else grumbled and rolled their eyes.

"Do I have to go?" I asked

"What do you mean do you have to go? What child doesn't want to go to a fun adult's party? You're gonna love it y/n!" Pepper gave him a sceptical look.

"Okay then!" I said "Will we play games?"

"Oh, you bet kiddo!"

Pepper's POV:

Seeing as it was a Saturday and everyone else except Bruce had left on their mission I decided it would be nice to spend the rest of the day with y/n. Before they had got into the quinjet y/n had given each of them hugs - and especially long ones for Natasha, Tony and Wanda. She wasn't used to them going off to risk their lives all the time, as could only be expected, especially of a seven year old. Even I still worried, but they always come back fine, although sometimes with injuries. I could tell y/n was anxious for them to return because she was fidgeting with her hands the whole walk back from the helipad to the common room. "What do you want to do y/n? We could snuggle up and watch a movie together? I could even paint your nails?"

"That would be nice." Y/n nodded, still a little worried for the guys on the mission. It was unusual that they would all go - usually it would just be pairs or groups of 3.