thirteen;

EVERYONE WAS NOW SEATED IN THE JET, Sersi, Sprite and Ikaris were having their own conversation, Phastos was on FaceTime with Ben and Jack, Druig was nowhere to be seen and Kingo and Karun were walking around doing last minute interviews with the ...

EVERYONE WAS NOW SEATED IN THE JET, Sersi, Sprite and Ikaris were having their own conversation, Phastos was on FaceTime with Ben and Jack, Druig was nowhere to be seen and Kingo and Karun were walking around doing last minute interviews with the people they hadn't caught yet.

Althea watched from her secluded corner in amusement as the two had managed to corner the blonde goddess, an evidently unamused look on her face as she death-glared the camera.

"He annoying Thena?" An all too familiar voice questioned, causing the copper-haired woman to freeze. Swallowing her pride as she remembered the agreement she nodded.

"Mhm. He's been interviewing everyone. Has he gotten to you yet?" Althea questioned and the mind-reader shook his head. "No, I think he's avoiding me." Druig stated and Althea laughed.

"I couldn't imagine why." The elemental sighed sarcastically and the man shrugged as well. "Me neither. Is there something in my teeth?" He questioned as he leaned into the copper-haired girl, baring his teeth over-exaggeratedly.

His actions pulled a laugh from her lips, a success to his mission, as she pushed him back and away from her. "You annoyed him." Althea then pointed out and Druig frowned in faux-innocence.

"How?" He questioned, although he had a pretty good guess. "By controlling Karun." The elemental pointed out and Druig's mouth formed an "o" as he nodded— clearly playing dumb.

"His pet human?" Druig clarified and Althea let out a sarcastic laugh. "You're one to talk, Mr. Villiage Imprisonment." She pointed out and Druig gasped in fake offence.

"I had their consent." He pointed out and Althea smirked. "Kinky." She commented, earning a laugh and a nudge from the mind-reader. Silence washed over them, it was comfortable but also awkward.

They were still trying to get adjusted to being around each other again. "I missed you." Druig broke the silence as he looked to the copper-haired woman.

"I missed you too." Althea admitted with a small smile. "Hold out your pinky." The mind-reader than ordered and the copper-haired woman's eyebrows furrowed.

"Why?" She questioned and Druig shook his head. "Just do it." He said, only to gain a blank look in return. "Come on. I could always make you do it." The mind-reader threatened and Althea rolled her eyes.

"Fine. Here." The elemental huffed as she held out her pinky. The mind-reader nodded before linking his with hers. "I promise I will never ever leave you again. I never want to spend so long without you again." He swore and Althea's face dropped at the familiar words, a sigh slipping from her lips.

"Druig." She started but the mind-reader shook his head. "Please. Forgive me. For real, not just because of some stupid deal." Druig pleaded and Althea frowned.