one;

HER SMALL HANDS RAN THROUGH HER TANGLED COPPER-COLOURED HAIR, a small sigh escaping her lips as she looked around her small flat

HER SMALL HANDS RAN THROUGH HER TANGLED COPPER-COLOURED HAIR, a small sigh escaping her lips as she looked around her small flat. Everything was clean and sat in their respected places, left untouched from the night before.

Her eyes wondered over to the picture frame, that held an old photo of her and her family. Her family that she hadn't seen in a long time. Of course, Sersi and Sprite lived a couple of roads down, but she and Sprite tended to clash sometimes, and Sersi's overwhelmingly innocence and kindness usually left her uneasy.

It was safe to say she didn't visit often.

Althea never quite did enjoy the years she spent without the others. Even having family close by, it wasn't enough. As her mood descended, a dark cloud formed outside— she could see it in the widow, the sound of thunder rumbled through the city as she groaned.

Clear skies. Clear mind.

As she pushed the sad feelings out of her head, she watched as the clouds slowly began to fade. Sighing, she walked out of the door, locking it behind her as she readied herself for her day.

-_-_-_-_-

Althea had made it a goal in her many many lifetimes to avoid the more stressful jobs. With stress came storms and with storms came.... a lot of destruction to the place around her.

Maybe that's why she took up teaching teenagers. She found them funny, they found her funny and while the job came with a fair amount of stress, but she knew how to handle it.

"Okay, assholes. Let's see what we're learning today." Althea called out, gathering her student's attention. Her class was the class to be in, people wanted to be there and the one's who were there, actually looked forward to her lessons.

"We were talking about To Kill A Mockingbird. You were going to talk about symbolism." One of her students, Angela, reminded and Althea nodded thankfully as she picked up the book from her desk.

"Right. Can anyone give me an example of symbolism within the book?" The copper-haired teacher questioned and another student, Tyler, raised his hand.

"Miss, why do we have to study old books?" He grumbled and Althea raised an eyebrow with an amused smirk. "Well because any other books would require you to read on your own." She pointed out, pulling a laugh from the classroom.

"Okay, fine. Give me a newer book. What do you all read?" She questioned and Angela raised her hand. "The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo." She called out and Althea hummed as a male student, Jason, groaned.

"That's a girly book." He huffed and Althea rolled her eyes. "Jason, your toxic masculinity is showing." The copper-haired teacher stated, causing snickers to pass through the room as the teenage boy looked down.

"Sorry, Miss." He mumbled before Althea smirked and looked back to Angela. "That's the book by Taylor Jenkins Reid?" She questioned as she walked backward towards her desk.