𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 11 • 𝗦𝗲𝗹𝗳 𝗖𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗿𝗼𝗹

Penelope's Point of View

"Good morning Tia Julieta" I greeted when i see her inside the kitchen.

She greeted back and smile at me.

"What are you baking?" I asked as watched her mixing something on the bowl.

"Some Arepas"

"Can i help you?"

"Of course you can" and with that i quickly grab my fav apron, wear it and wash my hand first.

I said that because I really don't have to do anything right now.

I volunteer myself to help the others but they refuse and they tell me to just rest.

But I knew in myself that I could not afford to just sit and relax while they're doing some chores.

"Here, place this arepas in the pan, and cook about 3 minutes on each side, until a crust forms or they are golden brown then after that put it in the plate" She said and I immediately obeyed.

As I was putting the arepas in the pan Tia Julieta suddenly spoke.

Are you aware of what happened to your father?" She asked and I just hummed in response.

"is he okay now?"

"yes, he's sleeping on my room" I replied, look at her and plaster a sweet smile.

"That's good to hear" Tia Julieta said and i nodded my head.

A comfortable silence engulfed the both of us while we're minding your own business.

Few minutes later Abuela calls Tia Julieta so she left me alone here on the kitchen.

While I was doing my job, I suddenly felt bored so I did what Tia Julieta was doing earlier.

I made some arepas so she wouldn't have a hard time doing more arepas later when she came back.

I form dough into balls and flatten between my palms.

I put some cheese in between and stick it together like a sandwich.

After that i put some butter at the top and put it in the pan to cook.

As i was forming the dough into a ball someone suddenly spoke.

"Do you mind if i help?" I immediately turned to the owner of the voice and there I saw Isabela standing at the door.

"Not at all" I said and smile at her.

I don't know but the day when she give me that necklace.

I suddenly become a soft person in front of her.

My old self came back.

The old me who use to love her more than a family suddenly came back and controls me.

"So what should i do?" She asked and came to my side.

I slightly jumped in shock when my arm touched hers.

"What do you think you're doing Penelope?" I thought.

"Here, let me teach you" I said and move away from her a little.

"first, you need to heat the milk in a small saucepan" I said and she quickly put the cold milk in the saucepan and heated it.

After a few minutes, the milk finally heats up.

I showed her the butter and stir it with the milk.

"While I'm mixing this, you combine arepa flour, salt, sugar, and mozzarella in a large bowl" i said and she quickly obey.