𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 7 • 𝗕𝗶𝗿𝘁𝗵𝗱𝗮𝘆

2nd Person Point of View

"Happy birthday Penelope" The old man greeted you.

"Thanks Pablo" you thank him.

"Look at you, you're already 22 and you're still look like a kid" He teased.

"Stop teasing me" you said and slightly nudge him.

"Yeah yeah, I'll see you later" He said and hugged you before so walk away.

"happy birthday" the girl happily said to you.

"Thank you Cecilia" You replied cheerfully.

"For you! The blonde-haired woman said she's too shy to give it you personally so i volunteered" Cecilia said and then gave you the flower.

You looked at the position of the woman that Cecilia was referring to and when you looked at her, she immediately averted her gaze.

Cecilia said goodbye to you and immediately ran to her parents.

Before you can even walk towards her, an old woman greeted you.

"I'm glad you came Senora" You said and plaster a smile.

"Penelope!!" A kid exclaimed loudly.

"Happy birthday" Sarah said happily.

You thanked her and before she left and went with her parents she gave you a flower that was the same as the flower that Cecilia gave you.

"A woman ordered me to give this flower to you" said the girl before she said goodbye and left you alone, walking towards Pablo.

You looked at the woman again in confusion and she just shrugged.

So you thought of approaching her.

"What are these flowers for?" You asked the girl with a giggle when you got close to her.

"I just thought that it wasn't enough that I just apologized so here i think of another way to apologize to you hehehe" She shyly which made you smile widely.

"I told you, it's fine"

"It still my fault so it's not fine to me" She said and you just nodded.

"Tell me what's your name and I'll forgive you"

"I'm Carmen Buenaventura and that blonde-haired guy over there is my brother. His name is Nicolas, your cousin's suitor" She said as she pointed the man beside Isabela.

"Are you two perhaps new here?"

"Yes, we just moved here yesterday"

"No wonder why you two looks so unfamiliar to me" You chuckled.

"Let's go to them, I'll introduce you to my brother" Carmen said before pulling you closer to where her Brother and Isabella were standing.

"Brother, let me introduce to you Penelope Madrigal. She's Bruno Madrigal's daughter" Carmen introduce you to her brother.

While you, you can't focus on what she was saying because all your attention goes to her hand that is holding yours.

"Her hand is so soft" You thought as a blush spread across your cheeks.

"Ehem" Isabela fake cough.

Your attention goes to her but then the man beside her start to talk.

"I'm glad to meet you Penelope and Happy Birthday" Carmen's brother said.

"Nice to meet you too" You said and plaster a fake smile.

"now I know why my Sister picked some flower, earlier" Nicolas said when he saw the flower you were holding.