Chapter 2

Chapter 2

I grabbed the sword concealed under my seat, tied the scabbard to my belt and pulled out one of my daggers.  Since Nicci rides in my car so often she has a pistol and a few packs of bullets concealed there too.  She grabbed it and we both got out of the car.

Ellions have a few weaknesses including their eyes and the soles of their feet but they can only be killed by slitting their throat where the elephant body and lion head joins.  Problem is, it's pretty hard getting up there to kill it.  Which is why Nicci and I have a worked out plan on how to defeat an Ellion.  We move around until we're behind the monster, I throw her up, she grabs the tail and climb onto its back while I distract it.  The method of distraction is not planned beforehand because it depends on what chance I get.  This time it made a stupid move.  It lifted its foot to step on me, seemingly forgetting the weakness of the soles of its feet. 

I was about to stab its foot with my sword when I noticed something VERY unfortunate.  It had a thick steel 'armor' under all its feet.  I dived out from under the foot, narrowly avoiding being squashed.  Shit!  One less weakness.  Well, I have to distract it so Nicci can succeed.  Nothing for it, I'll have to climb up its legs because the belly is soft too.  Luckily I am very agile.  I sheathed my sword and put my dagger back in my boot.  I'll need both hands to climb and I'll draw my sword when I get up there. 

I jumped, grabbed hold of its leg as high up as I could reach and started climbing.  When I was almost to the top of its leg I drew my sword and started stabbing it in the belly.  It roared in agony.  Nicci yelled: "Get outta there, Cara!  I'm about to slit its throat and if you're still there when I do,  you'll be under it when it falls!"  Damn!  I do NOT wanna be squashed under it when it's killed.  "Ok" I yelled back while sheathing my sword once again and let go.  Falling will be quicker than climbing down.  In a minute I was on the ground and scrambled out from under it.  I waved at Nicci, telling her that I was safe and she could go ahead and kill it.

The blood literally streamed out of its throat as soon as Nicci cut through the largest vein.  It's safe to sit on it as it falls.  One of the most amazing things about Ellions is that they never topple sideways.  They're legs simply give way and theyfall straight down 100% of the time so there is no danger whatsoever in sitting on it while it falls.  As soon as Nicci got down I said we should go watch a movie in celebration of the 13th Ellion we've killed together.

I watched as the two warriors got out of their car to fight my champion Ellion.  They will be killed because this darlin' is so far undefeated.  He's pretty close to unbeatable since he has armor under his feet.  I watched as Blondie threw the black haired one up.  She caught the tail and climbed up onto his back.  It doesn't matter.  Blondie won't be able to stab his feet to distract him so he'll be able to deal with Blackie.  Then Blondie sheathed all her weapons. What the fuck is she doin'?!  Shit!  She started climbing his legs.  Bad news.  I watched with horror as she managed to get to his belly and started stabbing him.  When Blackie told her to get outta there I noticed for the first time that Blackie was in position to slit his throat.  Blondie plainly just let go, fell to the ground and scrambled out from under my champion.  The bitch slit 'is throat!  They killed 'im!  The anger boiled up in me.  I wanted to jump outta hiding and go kill them meself but they were already in their car, drivin' away.  Those brats!  I'll get them.