Chapter 7

Chapter 7

<Hey everyone.tnx for voting but really, come on, please vote and comment on every chapter if you like it.you have no idea how depressing it is to write a story and get no comments.>

Runrunrunrun!!  I was once again running for my life.  As I was running, I looked back at the guy, wishing he would trip or something.  I turned my head forward again as I might be the one to fall if I don't watch where I'm going.  Suddenly he swore, making me look at him again.  He had fallen into an unseen hole in the ground.  What could this mean?  How does something like this happen to him for the first time ever, just when I was wishing it would?  Before I could speculate further, I was pulled away into my waking body.

I woke up sweating and breathing hard.   I hate these stupid dreams.  Why did I have to have a dream now, just  before my training?

Thank god I didn't sleep in the same room as Jason because I really don't want him to know about my dreams. 

I grudgingly got up, showered and dressed.  Today is Monday and school starts again on Wednesday.  So much has happened in this long weekend and definitely not all good but at least I met Jason.

At breakfast I asked Jason if I could go shoot again.

He said "Yes, of course.  I'm sorry but I have to go out for a bit.  Is it ok if I leave you here alone?"

"Sure.  See you later then." I answered, giving him a hug.

I ran upstairs, grabbed my pistol and some bullets and went out to the targets.

How the hell did that chick make me fall into a hole in the dream that I control?!  It's meant to hurt her, not me!!  Stupid bitch!!  I can' t believe it, I mean the previous time when she managed to wake up I was already a bit shocked but I figured it was just some luck on her part.  This time though, it cannot be passed over as luck because I control the dreams and they're supposed to go exactly as I want them to go.  Something like this has never happened - or at least never been reported - in all the hundreds of years the dreams have been used.  I guess it might have happened before but just not been reported because I know I'm not going to report it.  They're gonna say I'm weak or something. 

I shot the bulls-eye every time - obviously.  I totally adore shooting, I mean there's nothing more satisfactory than doing something absolutely perfect - and hitting the bulls-eye every time is just about as close to perfect as you'll get.

I know it sounds like I'm bragging but really, I'm not.  It's just - as I mentioned before - that I really love being best at everything.  I mean it's not like I don't try to stop being that way - trust me, I try very hard - but I just can't, it's just the way I am naturally.

Anyhow, I can't wait for training this afternoon.  Training is so much fun because it helps me get rid of anger and frustration.

I stopped at Nicci's at 13:30 as Warrior training starts at two.

"Where have you been Cara?" Nicci practically screamed the minute she saw me.

"What do you mean" I asked bewildered.

"Your mom called me and asked to talk to you because you weren't answering your phone and you weren't home.  I asked why you would be here and she said you told her you were coming here before running off.  I tried calling you ten times since then!!"

"My mom tried to ground me because I came home at 3 am and since I have training in half an hour  I figured I couldn't be grounded so I went to Jason's house after telling my mom I'm coming to your house!!" I yelled all of that in a record making long sentence "And I did not get any calls from anyone since I went to Jason's!!  Check my missed- and received calls!"

"Alright chill!  I believe you and I get why you left but why did you lie about where you were going and why didn't you tell me!?"

"I'm sorry," I said, relaxing a bit "I donno why.  I was just sooo pissed off, you really have no idea how angry I was."

"It's ok.  Everyone gets angry.  Well I guess we should get going if we don't wanna be late for training."

"Yeah" I said, realising she's right, we had been arguing for 10 minutes.

We were all gathered in the training room, underneath the Warrior base.  We will start as soon as our trainer comes.

"Everyone get into positions, we're going to start with wrestling today."

I was startled, I knew that voice well. "Jason?"

He waved at me saying "Mika and Joe asked me to help you today as they said I'm the best wrestler they have."

I'm not so certain that Jason will be better than me at wrestling and if he is I guess that will just give me something else to work on.

I'm the only one in the class who has advanced pretty far in wrestling.  We haven't officially started wrestling in our training but I asked Mika if I could have private wrestling classes because I have perfected all the other fighting arts we've done in training.

I know pretty much all the techniques of wrestling but Jason was showing everything just a little bit wrong and I was almost certain that he was doing it on purpose. 

I was just about to tell him that . . .

Don't tell him!  Act like you've never wrestled before.  You can go tell Mika about it and then ask him to wrestle you when you get back home.  You will obviously have to act like you only know what he taught you today.  Then you will see if he has the right techniques or if he always wrestles like this.

Huh?!  Oh well.  I guess I'll just have to play along with this little voice in my head.

I told Mika that Jason was teaching us the wrong techniques as soon as the class finished.  She was pretty surprised and said that she had seen him wrestle and he was the best wrestler she’d ever seen.

I said I’ll ask him to wrestle me and check how he does it.  She said I should report to her as soon as I finished wrestling and that she didn't know which option she preferred.  If he didn't fight with the right techniques, she would know that he was faking it and teaching us wrong on purpose as she had seen him.  If he did fight correctly she'd know he was teaching us wrong on purpose.

I went to Jason's house since I would be sleeping there again.  As planned, I asked him if he'd wrestle with me. 

"Sure, why not" he said, leading me to the room where we'd shot at the target.

He took out a few gymnastic mats and put them on the floor. "No reason not to be cautious.  Espesially not with you as I don't want you to get hurt."

Yeah, whatever.  If I could fight normally I would kick his ass and he'd be the one the mats would be protecting.

"Mhm." I said, trying not to show how much that comment annoyed me.

We stood on the mats and got into the right stance.  He started the 'match' and I saw he still used all the wrong techniques perfectly. 

I just can't believe it!  Before the voice started talking to me I thought I could trust him and now I'm pretty certain I can't.

After the 'match' I told Jason I had to go out.

Now I'm sitting in Mika's office telling her everything that happened, from the voice in my to Jason wrestling incorrectly.

Mika was also surprised when I told her he always shot just outside the bull's-eye. "He shoots almost as well as you do and definitely inside the bull's-eye.  I'm sorry Cara but I'm afraid you will have to watch him.  Stay at his house and watch him as much as possible."

"I understand.  I will do so."

I just can't understand it!  Jason seemed so nice and now I can't even trust him enough to tell him anything important.