Chapter 60: Newsflash! My Life Is Not a Romance Novel

UNEDITED: point out all the typos if you guys can? And Umm sorry?

I stare at her blankly.

"I don't believe you." I say.

"You do." She says,"Even you know just how-"

"I don't believe you." I say but my voice shakes.

"Face it Clara-"

"No!" I yell as tears threaten to fall,"He wouldn't do that. He would never do that and lie to me about it."

"He's Jake Henderson-"

He's Jake Henderson. Of course he is. He's Jake Henderson and I'm Clara Wilson. Why wouldn't he lie to me? It was what we did to each other, we lied.

"- that's what I'm trying to stop you from doing." She says,"Stop ruining your life over a-"

"No." I say,"Don't even try to tell me you did this for me. That you threw this at my face now because this was for my good. That this was some twisted way of you trying to convince yourself that you are trying to be my a sister and protect me from a boy."

"Anything in your life that doesn't have Jake Henderson is for your own good." She says but there is something unconvincing about the way she's saying it, like it's a half assed attempt to convince herself,"You know it."

"He's not-"

"I'm telling you this now because you were ready to throw away your dream for the idea of a boy who doesn't even care." She says,"Trust me I've seen all there is to see behind those green eyes of his and there is nothing."

"Fuck you." I spit out,"I don't believe you. He would never lie to me."

"You know that's not true." She says,"Jake Henderson lies. You've known that since day one."

"Stop Michella, please just stop." I say.

"Tell me that you don't believe me." She says,"Id seen you the next morning during New Years. Id seen your face Clara. You know what he can do."

But he'd done it to protect me.
But he'd lied to me.

He'd lied to me so so many times.

So why couldn't- wouldn't he lie about the truth about his relationship with Michella?

He'd told me that there was nothing going on in between them. There never was anything going on in between them. It had been once and it was a mistake.

But Jake Henderson lies.

"I don't-"

Michella grabs me by my shoulders,"I did it for you Clara. You can't choose Jake. You need to-"

"Leave me." I say,"And go take your damn trash somewhere else. I don't care anymore. You can-"

"Listen to me Clara." She says, her grip on me tightening on my hand digging into my fading bruises and I hiss in pain,"You can't go. Not when it will mean you'll have to leave-"

"Get your hands off her Michella, now."Jake says calmly, I don't know how he found us but he was standing a few feet away, his green eyes blazing as he looked at Michella. Although his tone was calm the warning in his voice is clear,"You're hurting her."

Her grip on me loosens and I shove her away rubbing my wrists.

He looks at me worriedly,"Are you all right?"

I don't respond. I can't even get myself to look at him. But Michella was lying. She was most definitely lying. She had to be.

"Michella what the fuck did I tell you about laying a single finger on her?" Jake starts.