When the crash occurs

The flight was long and nerve racking. The constant fears of the past were haunting the future infront of me, only hours away. They're the only family I have left besides Theo. As far as I know, everyone who I share blood with has died. My mother, my sisters.

I'm one person out of four...

But now I'm heading towards the open door to exit the plane. I had officially landed in New York.

"Right, Liv, your father is set to meet you here. Do you want me to wait with you?" He asked as he frantically checked his watch.

"No, I'll call you once he gets me. Go help some other kid." I say as I bring him into a hug.

"I'll miss you. You were one of my favourites." He says as he pats my back after a moments hug. And with that, he left. Looking around and seeing no one in sight, I took a seat on those leather blue chairs that make you want to amputate your ass, and pulled out my journal...notepad...thing.

The girl had suffered before in her life. A suffering not many children her age can, or should be able to relate to. The sickening buzzing of the chemotherapy machine haunts her nightmares. The beeping of the life support machine. Then later, the shattering of glass. Screams of children and teenagers and adults. The blood trickling from high and low, left and right.

If only there was a cure-

"Liviana?" A hear the sound of a gruff but warm voice. One filled with hope.

Glancing up, I am met with a pair of eyes identical to mine. Pure green.  His face was chiselled with a defined jawline covered in a brown beard. His hair was slicked back so it rested behind ears and on top of his head. He wore a black, maybe Armani, suit with a white shirt and a black tie. His silver watch and cufflinks were decorating his wrist. But what caught me off guard the most was the small smile gracing his lips. By the looks of this man, he did not smile often.

"Yes?" I asked as I sat up in my seat slightly.

"I'm Giovanni, your father..." He said as he looked at me with nothing but adoration.

"Oh, well... what do we do now?" I ask. Great, totally didn't make this awkward.

"Well, we could get going." He says as he looks down at my suitscases.

"Um, okay." I say as I grab a suitcase, but am stopped when a gorilla sized man picked it up instead, along with my bags.

"This is Angelo, he's a bodyguard." My father explains as he offers me his hand. Hesitantly, I begin to reach out. Once my hand is clasped in his, he guided me through the airport and outside towards a large black escalade.We got in the car and began to drive, with Angelo driving and my father and I sat in the back. Awkwardly. We sat in uncomfortable silence as we drove through the city.

"How far away are we exactly?" I asked as we began to drive through a rich neighbourhood.

"About five minutes Miss." Angelo responded.

"Okay..." I say as I sit back further in my seat. Taking out my iPhone 8, I start playing those oddly satisfying games to keep myself preoccupied.

"Liviana, I am going to need to discuss some things with you after dinner." He says as he brings my attention back to him.

"About?" I question as I look up with my eyes.

"Rules, expectations, just the general stuff." He explains.

"Thank you." I say.

"For?" He responds with a raised eyebrow.

"You said discuss, meaning negotiate. I wasn't expecting that, so, thank you." I answer. He offers me a small smile, his eyes shining slightly.

The drive continued, until we arrived at a giant pair of black metal gates. Once opened, we drove up a driveway that lead to a beautiful mansion. The bricks were black, and the concreate walls decorations were white. The windows were black paned. The grounds were covered in warm green grass, the bushes were filled with red roses and lavender flowers. The trees were beginning to turn red and orange and yellow and brown. The parking spaces were filled with sports cars and land rovers and escalades. This mansion is the definition of gorgeous.

"Welcome home bambina." My father says as he holds my car door open for me, making me realises that we had been at a stop for a while.

"Now, word of warning, your siblings are waiting inside."

And this is when the crash of introductions landed.