Prolouge

The cold November air was like a slap to the face as I stepped out from the hot packed club. I dug in my purse to pull out my pack of cigarette. I only had one left and I sighed in relief. I took it out and wrapped my lips around it , threw the carton and began looking for a lighter.

"Need this?" Said a quiet voice. My eyes snapped to the shadows at the end of the ally as a man stepped out and into the light. He walked with the grace of a lion but eminated the power of a king. His skin was pale and he had sharp cheek bones. His hair was black with little gray streaks. He looked like a God.

He walked very close to me and pulled a lighter out, lighting the cigarette in my mouth. I stared into his black eyes that held a hint of red in them. I began to feel uneasy but I was glued to this spot."What's your name?" He asked me staring deep into my soul. "Belladonna." I answered softly.

I didn't like how he made me feel, towering over me as if I was someone weaker than him. I took the cigarette from my lips and blew the smoke into his face. His lips held a hint of a smile. The wind blew strong whipping my mid-night hair around my face.

He breathed deeply and when he opened his eyes they were all red. I gasped and dropped the cigarette on the ground. "I knew there was something special about you." He growled and then lunged for my throat. Two fangs pierced my neck and began to pull deeply on the blood that flowed there. I began to hear him in my mind as the world began to fade black. Don't worry my dear. I will care for you as my daughter. You will become anew with just a single bite. And then I died.