Chapter 3 - Needy

A normal person could hardly sleep on a floor so cold as the one Hermione is lying on but after all she has been through she finds it quite comfortable and the being left in peace, not tortured or yelled at, is enough pleasant to let her fall fastly asleep.

"Hermione! Hermione!" Ron's broken and desperate voice hurts deep the girl's heart.
"Hermione! Hermione!" Harry calls for her too.
"Hermione!" cries Luna.

"I'll be fine!" the brunette girl answers but her voice feels so low, crushed down by her friends' screams.

"Hermione! Hermione!" they call, louder and louder.
"Hermione! Hermione!" it's almost deafening.

"I'm fine!" she tries to answer but her voice has no sound under the thunder of her friends'.

"Hermione! Hermione!" her head seems to be spinning.

"Stop it!" Hermione screams but all that's heard is a whisper.

"Hermione!"

"Stop!"

"Hermione!"

"It's not her, it's you!"

"Hermione!"

"You are driving me crazy!"

"Hermione!"

"Stop! Stop it!"

"Muddy!" a woman's voice adds to the choir but this is not so loud... Hermione could hardly hear it

"Muddy!"

Hermione recognises the voice "Bella! Stop them! Please"

"Muddy! Wake up!"

"Bella! Help!"

Hermione feels her left cheek burn and she opens her eyes. Bellatrix is bended down towards her and the girl immediately hugs her, feeling half-way between dream and reality.
"Thank you!" she says pretty loud, still used to the dream where her voice was inaudible.
"Take your dirty hands off me, you bitch!" answers the woman pushing Hermione back to the floor, then she gets up and sits on the bed, her back to the girl.
"W-what-" Hermione stutters.
"You were screaming so I woke you up. You know, I care about my eardrums." says Bellatrix with a serious tone, still without looking at the girl.
"Oh-" the brunette realizes... before she was confused, still half-way between dream and reality... now she's totally "awake".

"Strange how in that nightmare my friends were the cause of my suffering and I thought Bella as a possible saviour..." thinks the girl "...nevermind..."

She realizes her cheek is still burning... Bella must have hit her very hard..

"You said you care about your eardrums" starts Hermione "why, tho, if I scream under the Cruciatus curse it's fine?"
"Did I ask you something?! Shut up!" snaps Bellatrix.
"No but I did. I asked you something..." says calmly the young girl.
"Shut up I said!" shouts the dark witch moving swiftly her hand, throwing something and before Hermione could realize what that was, a sharp scream comes out of her mouth as something sticks into her arm... something sharper than her scream: a dagger. She removes it at once, shivering. Many blood-drops start flowing down her arm. Hermione puts a hand on the wound to avoid a too huge loss.
In the while the woman is still sitting on the bed, her back to Hermione, brushing her hair.
The girl cries silently, full of rage and pain. Usually Bellatrix wanted to enjoy every bit of pain, every single tear, every scared gaze of her prey but now, now she's not even looking at Hermione.
That's what upsets her the most. Feeling insignificant to Bellatrix. Being ignored by her.
"How dares she?!" thinks Hermione "I was her prey but at least I was hers! Why does everyone leave me?! My friends and my enemy too!" and with this thought, more warm tears draw down on her face.