My Body is God's temple

16 Don't you realize that together you have become God's inner sanctuary[] and that the Spirit of God makes his permanent home in you?[]17 Now, if someone desecrates[] God's inner sanctuary, God will desecrate him, for God's inner sanctuary is holy, and that is exactly who you are. - 1 Corinthians 3:16-17 (TPT)

When we give our lives to Christ, everything belongs to Jesus. The redeemed body of a believer belongs to Jesus. God has a plan for every part of our being. Remember we learned that we are spirit, we have a soul and we live in a body.  Now the spirit is already perfect. But our souls and body constantly need to be cleansed and to be in proper alignment with the plans of God. 

God's plan of redemption especially includes our body. The bible says, "you have become God's inner sanctuary." That's something to think deeply about. God doesn't dwell in a church, but He can visit the building? Why? Because of believers in whom God inhabits.  

16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another []Helper, that He may abide with you forever— John 14:16 (NKJV)

The scripture above reveals many things about the Holy Spirit. First of all, He is not the least in the Godhead. He is the power of God. And most importantly, He is a person. He has a personality. We see that Jesus gave us someone like Him. The Holy Spirit is the exact replacement of Jesus. He is not weaker. 

The other thing we see is that the Holy Spirit comes to help us. We need help. A lot of times we don't realize how helpless we are as humans. If we are ever great and a blessing to others, it is only because of the presence of the Holy Spirit in us. Without Him, we are left to our own devices. A person that doesn't know much about the Holy Spirit cannot fully utilize His presence. If the Holy Spirit lives in us, we should learn some things about Him. 

The Spirit of the Lord

6 And the Spirit of the Lord came mightily upon him, and he tore the lion apart as one would have torn apart a young goat, though he had nothing in his hand. But he did not tell his father or his mother what he had done. - Judges 14:6 (NKJV)

There are many aspects or attributes of the Holy Spirit. And in the life of Samson, He operated as a mighty force. Samson was aware of the Holy Spirit as a power. But He had never learned about the Holy Spirit as a person. We can operate in the power of the mighty force of God without knowing Him. 

We all might know that Heads of state have power or authority. And just having the head of state's signature on a piece of document can give us access to certain places. But that still wouldn't mean that we know him. As we see from the scripture above, the Holy Spirit is first God's spirit and is a mighty force. 

With the power of the Holy Spirit, Samson did many mighty things. That much we know. How could a normal man tear apart a lion? Clearly Samson had help. And I just wanted us to see that there's a reason the Holy Spirit is called a helper. We need help to live the life that Jesus expects us to live. Samson shows us how much we need the Holy Spirit to fulfill our purpose. What purpose did Samson have?

The Holy Spirit helps us to fulfill our purpose

5 For behold, you shall conceive and bear a son. And no razor shall come upon his head, for the child shall be a Nazirite to God from the womb; and he shall begin to deliver Israel out of the hand of the Philistines." - Judges 13:5 (NKJV)

Samson was born to deliver Israel from the philistines. And how was he going to do it? By allowing the Holy Spirit to operate in His life as a helper. The Holy Spirit comes to help us to fulfill our purpose on Earth. That's why we need to know about Him. This Holy Spirit dwells in our bodies. God lives in the inner sanctuary of our being.