That Crown is mine

Chapter 1- That Crown is mine!!!

"Hey, girly! Rise and shine. The sun is up and the day is young" Kelly Martin screeched in Bree's ear. She flitted across the luxurious room and pulled back the blinds, letting the streams of sunlight into the room.

The sleeping girl scrunched up her closed eyes, burying her face further between the sheets. Kelly sighed in exasperation.

"Brianna Parker, you want to be late for the first day of school?" Kelly demanded, glaring at the cocoon of blankets and sheets. The cocoon groaned audibly and rose up. The sheets tumbled open to reveal a head of glossy chocolate brown waves. The 'cocoon's' eyes flew open, startlingly grey against a creamy white complexion.

"Kelly!" Brianna complained, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes, "It's so early in the morning. I just fell asleep".

"Uh, no it's not. It's 7AM. So get your lazy behind into the shower, PRONTO!" Kelly shoved Brianna into the bathroom en suite.

"Bree, it's been 15 minutes! Are you sleeping in the bathroom?" Kelly roared up the stairs, glancing at her watch for the billionth time in exasperation.

"I'm here!" Bree came racing down the winding stairwell at an alarming speed, still pulling on a jacket.

"Oh Bree, your heel strap is undone.." Kelly began as she saw Bree tumble violently down the remainder of the stairs, landing with quite a bump at the bottom.

"Never mind" Kelly finished with a smile. "So if you're done jumping off stairs and landing into a heap, I suggest we leave" Kelly commented, grabbing her Prada purse.

"Thanks for the help!" Bree called after her, rolling her eyes sarcastically.

"Oh and by the way, I am very well-dressed, sexy heap on the floor" she reminded Kelly teasingly.

"Just keep telling yourself that, Bree" Kelly pulled a face and gunned the engine of her Mercedes.

Brianna Parker was one of the wealthiest girls in the country, both her parents involved in the biggest business franchises. Immense wealth meant no less than Louise Vitton, Versace and Jimmy Choo would populate Brianna's closets.

Brianna Parker was lovable, eccentric, funny, and sweet and someone you could always count on. She went out of her way to make anybody happy. The fact that she was the most beautiful, wealthiest girl around never gave her a glint of vanity. Her perfect petite frame, flashing grey eyes, stylish brown locks and gorgeous features, combined with her sharp, intelligent yet loyal mindset easily made her the most well liked student in the entire school.

Popularity was something Brianna, or 'Bree' as she liked to called, didn't have to try very hard to achieve. Every girl wanted to be her and every guy wanted have her. Perfect grades, squeaky clean record and all round appreciation, Brianna had it all. She was the sweetest Queen Bee alive and that made her an icon in itself.

Call it cliché with a twist.

"So did you finish the science holiday project yet?" Bree asked her best friend Kelly as they pulled into the school parking lot. Melrose High was one of the best academies in the country. It was known for its top notch academic coaching, sports excellence and highly competitive programs in all fields.

"Oh yeah. You know how it is, now that we're back at school. The rat race is on again" Kelly sighed. Kelly's sharp elfin features were ridden with exhaustion and slight worry. Bree immediately understood. Kelly wasn't kidding about the rat race thing. The two girls hurried into the assembly hall for the usual announcement. The principal of the school, Mr. Harold Dryden explained the main agenda of the year. Which was of course, theCrown.