9. Lando Takes you on the Track 2

You couldnt hear anything but the engine as Lando took off traction control and launched the car. He began to drive at a normal pace throughout the track for the warm up lap.

It was a surreal experience. You had walked on the track several times before, but actually driving it was magical.

The rumble of the car followed the twists and turns of the track with prescision, speeding up slightly on the straightaways and lulling at the curves.

"Now I could get used to this!" You remarked with a chuckle. Later you had regretted your statement however, as you neared the end of the warm up lap.

As soon as the front fender crossed the start line, Lando gunned it.

It was like night and day, your speed before was comparable to a crawl versus now. You fealt a great burst of wind and a shock run through your body as the car began to pick up speed.

You let out a girlish scream as the car tipped 190 miles an hour. Your body was glued to the back of the seat. This was like nothing you had ever experienced before.

Lando then expertly rounded the first corner. Your figure was thrown to the front and side at the same time, greatful for the straps to keep you in place. You noticed Lando's body and neck were perfectly still.

"AHHH" you screamed as your helmet clunked against the headrest after building up more speed, almost seeing stars.

Your screams of terror became fuel for Lando, as he sped up faster through the next corner drifting slightly. You were sure he was smirking under his helmet that bloody maniac.

He had cleared the corner expertly, with the slight jolt of the steering wheel positioning you guys perfectly for the last straightaway. He entered it going around 160.

Your legs began to feel numb and shakey. "LANDO. NORRIS." You screamed over the screaming engine. "WHAT" He teased in reply. The lap was over and you two started another.

A pit formed in your stomach and a spell of motion sickness wavered through you as you rounded the first corner again. Your mouth would not close, stuck in a continuous terrified scream.

By the third lap, you could feel the g-forces begin to take over your body. Your muscles had grown weak, and harder and harder to brace yourself around the corners.

Tears had grown in puddles in your eyes, making the zooming trees and buildings extra blurry as you had flown by. "IM GOING TO DIE!!!!" You shouted in between screams.

Lando, on the other hand seemed to be having the time of his life. It was interesting for you to witness him in his natural habitat, showcasing his driving abilities to his woman.

You watched his slight hand movements twisting the wheel, or occasionally pressing a button or two on the dash. His foot moved back and forth from the break to the gas in expertly calculated proximity.

The one thing about being in a car with Lando, is that he always made you feel safe. He was so skilled in his prescision, and so relaxed that it gave you confidence in the situation. The feeling that you were being well taken care of. A true master at his work.

He was a seasoned trickster though, no doubt. The fourth lap arised and you felt totally drained. You didnt like this at all.

Your throat became dry and crackily from screaming, and your ears began to ring from the deafening rumble of the engine.

You only had to stick it out for one lap more, but Lando hadnt gotten the message of your peril. Or maybe he did and was trying to be funny or something.

It certainly wasnt funny to you. You smacked his shoulder with the little strength you had left to get him to stop; not daring to ever go close to his arm or hand.

You held your head in your hands, crouching down as far as you could in your seat, murmuring "IM GOING TO DIE IM GOING TO DIE IM GOING TO DIE".

Apparently this wasnt safe or something, and Lando took notice and temporarily reduced the speed so he could briefly turn to you and yank your helmet back upright into the seat with some force. You didnt resist him.

He took your left hand and entwined it with his right, pressing it firmly against the wheel as he continued to turn and drive. The slight bit of contact was a bit soothing, but you were still penetrated by screams.

The last lap was coming to a close, and Lando acted like he wasnt going to slow down. You knew it was probably another playful prank of his, but you werent taking any chances.

With every bit of strenth left your grabbed onto his right arm and jerked it off the wheel, holding it against your chest as if it were some sort of possession.

He began to smootly slow down, one- armed, and carefully rolled to a stop. You appreciated his slow stop, and could tell he was doing it on purpose to lighten the blow for you.

You sat in silence in the car for a few minutes, panting, and processing what had just happened. "That was the worst thing I have ever done in my life," you remarked in between shaky breaths.

"Aw really, my driving isn't that bad is it?" Lando said sarcastically, knowing his effect on you.

You had re-gained some conscience and temperement after a few minutes, still seated side by side in the car. "LANDO NORRIS YOU ARE IN BIG TROUBLE" you remarked.

Angrily ripping off your helmet you reveal your tear and mascara stricken face and hair blown every which way. The pit of sickness in your stomach remained.

You swatted his hand away as he lifted it to brush a tear off. "Fine, have it your way then." He said getting out of the car with the camera in hand.

After a minute or two of you recuperating yourself in utter silence, he opened your door; cameras peeping out from behind him.

Lando unbuckled your seatbelts and gently lifted your limp body out of the car. "So I suppose Y/N wont be the rising F1 champ anytime soon?"

You clutched onto the neck of his suit, although you didnt have to as he was supporting your whole weight balance.
"I hate you." You replied.

You didnt actually hate Lando, dont worry. But you were play-angry at him. He always found a way to make you insanely mad, but at the end of the day you always loved him a little more than the last.

He wanted to place you down on the pavement, but you clutched on to his broad shoulders like a baby koala, refusing to move.

He gave in, and continued to carry the weight of his traumatized girlfriend he loved so much. His tired fingers curled around your torso. Throughout all the pranks and tricks, you knew he loved you more than anything. Insanely.

Even more proof of this was a few days after. A small box of Venus Et Fleur blush colored roses was delivered to your flat. The card read,

"Another spin again sometime? "
- LN