Chapter Six

*Chapter Six*

For the next few days, Isabelle was distraught. She felt like a part of her had died.

Ansel couldn't remeber her, and she kept thinking that this was best for him.. Letting him do what he wanted, and maybe one day, he would come find her. She knew she had to give it time, but she just couldn't will herself to do that. She was heartbroken.

Ansel was the only one who knew her, and now the Ansel she once knew was gone too, almost like it never happened. But it had, and she could try to let it slip away from her mind, but she couldn't. She was madly, deeply in love with Ansel so much, that she would do anything for him  to remember her, remember anything they had.

So, the next morning, she went to the hospital prepared from the night before, and she headed right into Ansel's room. When she got there, his brother was sitting there, showing him pictures of Isabelle and him, when they went on that trip to Florida.

*3 Months ago*

"I'm really surprised Isabelle, you missing school, for even just one week." Ansel smiled, poking at Isabelles sides, making her squirm as they sat on the plane, waiting to land to their vacation. Isabelle rolled her eyes at her dorky boyfriend, feeling her heart flutter when he touched her.

Surely, they touched before, but Isabelle loved the feeling. She wasn't very sentimental, she didn't believe in things at first sight, but she did when she was with Ansel. She thought Ansel was made for her, like in this messed up world, they were meant to be together, they were soul mates.

She couldn't help it. She loved him so much it hurt, and she knew he felt the same, she could just tell by the way he would care for her, hold her, and love her.

*Present Time*

"It was a really good trip, Ansel." Isabelle whispered, barely audible as she stood in the door way of Ansel's room. He looked at her with lifeless eyes. He didn't have that longing look of love anymore, and that's when Isabelle really realized that this was for now, this was something they were going to have to deal with. Ansel looked back to the photos in Mik's hands, like he couldn't believe it happened.

"So, your my girlfriend?" He said, looking to Isabelle, she stepped closer, and took his hand. He almost moved it away from her touch, but his hand stayed. He felt a familiar feeling, but he just didn't know what it was.

Isabelle looked at him softly, his eyes meeting hers. "I am, yes." she mumbled, Ansel let out a sigh, pulling his hand away.

"Look, I just.. I don't remember you.. I'm trying so hard Isabelle, but I just.." He paused, looking to the strange girl "How did we meet?"

Isabelle smiled to herself, sitting in the chair beside the bed. Mik stood up, watching them, hoping for anything.

Isabelle changed Ansels life for the good, and Mik was hoping that he would come back. He loved Isabelle like a sister, and he knew that all she ever wanted was for Ansel to be happy, and god, did Mik respect her for that. Mik was skeptical of them at first. He just couldn't believe what Ansel was saying about running into some girl one morning, and now being into her. He remembers the first time Isabelle came over. She was so kind, and mannerly, and Ansel sat there smiling like an idiot. Mik was skeptical for sure, he remembers on the couples 3rd date. Isabelle came in, nervous, and Mik had asked her what her angle was.

It turned into a screaming match, the two yelling at eachother endlessly until Ansel came out.

"I did nothing wrong! Im into Ansel okay? I know what you are thinking! But im not just 'another girl' okay Mik? Im here, right now. I'm not gonna leave him, or hurt him, or fuck up your little family that your running here! So if you can stop treating me like a criminal, I can show you all that and more!" Isabelle screamed. That line stopped Mik in his tracks. His mouth had dried up, and he knew he made a big mistake by thinking that the girl was like the other ones. Isabelle was standing her ground, looking down at him, as he sat down. Her expression softened as she took a seat near him.

"I'm sorry for yelling like that... I just.." Isabelle began to apologize, Mik stopped her though, looking her in the eye, and clearing his throat. "Youre right Isabelle, I shouldn't have just assumed you were a certain way. I'm sorry I was being such an ass... Welcome to the family." After he finished, he hugged Isabelle, and Ansel sat there on the opposite couch smiling like an idiot, because he knew Mik liked her, and he also knew and seen how much Isabelle liked him.

Now, here the 3 were, in the worst situation, standing in a hospital room, having to fill Ansel in. Isabelle didn't know at this point if they were even dating anymore, or what label they had.

Isabelle told him about the first week that they had started to date, she told him about the late night calls, the texts, and the endless, shaming flirting at school. By the time she was finished, Ansel had taken Isabelle's hand, and he looked into her eyes.

"Can you start to come here everyday?"

And of course, Isabelle said yes.

----

Its been 2 months since I've updated, I'm such an asshole. I promise faster updates!

-T.x