eleven

Ribs// Lorde {https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qaeoz_7cyE}

"You are the most selfish person I have ever met!"

"I didn't even do anything! I have loved you since day one!"

"Oh, really? Are you sure about that when you stuck your tongue down that girls throat?"

"I DIDN'T EVEN KISS HER"

The fighting had been going on for hours. Everyone was huddled in the living room trying not to eavesdrop but lucky for us the walls were thin. I tried to distract myself by looking at my phone and scrolling through every feed I could get to. Nothing was working.

None of us know how the fight started but it was crazy how it escalated. Okay so it's Emma and Ashton. We think that there was a press rumor of Ashton cheating but we're not sure.

"What are we gonna do guys?" Michael whispered. "They've been together for 3 years". I looked down at my lap and set down my phone.

"He would never cheat right? Ashton isn't like that", I mumbled and Luke looked down at me from his position next to me.

"Ashton's unpredictable", Calum answered before Luke could say anything. "But cheating? That's not like him".

I took a deep breath. "Someone's gotta talk to Emma. Before she does something she'll regret", I looked around at everyone and they all looked down at their laps. "Taylor", she snapped her head up. "You've known her for a while right?"

She cleared her throat, "the last time somebody tried to get in between one of Ashtons and Emmas fight, she flipped shit".

I paused, "what happened?"

Taylor hesitated before lifting up her Jean leg to show me the little scar that was just along her calf. "Things got tough"

I chuckled a bit, "Emma's like 90 pounds how is that possible?". Everyone shrugged and I leaned back into Luke's arm and closed my eyes. I grabbed onto one of Luke's headphones and put it into my ear. Ribs by Lorde was playing and I smiled at him.

"Don't look at me like that", he smirked. I pecked him on the lips and rested back into his arms, closing my eyes.

"This dream isn't feeling sweet

We're reeling through the midnight streets

And I've never felt more alone

It feels so scary, getting old..."

I woke up to hands stroking my hair, they were familiar, but not Luke's. I turned my head slightly and saw curly hair, sticking out from different angles, and a weary frown.

"Ash..", I started and sat up. He smiled at me sadly, and I saw tear stained cheeks.

"I guess she just didn't believe me", he gulped down a sob and I stroked his hand soothingly. "Do you believe me?"

My face got warm. It was a weird question to ask really. I nodded and he relaxed a bit. "Where's Luke?" I whispered.

"Driving Emma to the airport...she's going home", his voice got shaky again and a tear fell down his blank face. "Thank you...for being here, Bea", he looked over at me and I nodded before resting my head on his chest, seeing more tears fall down onto his blue shirt. "Luke is lucky to have you", my chest tightened.

"Let's not talk about me, Ash. Just relax okay?" he nodded against my head.

"I've never cried over a girl", he chuckled.