Chapter 24:

The red citizens' reactions were priceless. Holding each other's hands and even giving each other's cheeks a kiss. I just knew that Chanhee and I did the right thing at our last wedding rehearsal. Convincing the others might be tricky but at least the prince made the kiss seem real.

Sadly, maybe it felt real for him.

I soon realized how beautiful the moonlight was as I drowned myself with the thoughts of failing... again. What if none of the good things that happened at the rehearsal would happen tomorrow? What if none of the plans work?

Where would I end up at? I don't even want to know.

I sat at the left side of the mattress, still staring at the shining light from outside the window. Well, expectedly, I'm being anxious and sleepless again because of the wedding tomorrow.

Will I ever get to see my aunt again? I don't want her to hear some bad news about me like I'm dead and nowhere to be found. I don't want her to feel lonely like how we both did after we lost my mother.

"... Is everything going to be normal again?"

I asked myself, trying to still have a little bit of hope despite all of these things happening. It's almost hopeless honestly. What happens after drinking the love potion? Won't I care about what's happening around me? Will I be blinded by forced love? What if I wouldn't even give a shit about my own life and started prioritizing my life with Chanhee in the future?

It's so scary to think about it but I just have no choice but to do this.

"When will my life be normal again?"

I asked myself once more, hugging my legs as I pressed my forehead against my knees. There was no sound, only the rustling of the leaves from the garden until an airy sound approached both of my ears. I lifted my head up, looking behind me as I saw him.

It's almost crazy how Juyeon always knows when I'll need someone to talk to.

"You still can't sleep?"

His smile disappears from his face as he walks towards me, kneeling in front of me. I looked down at him, watching how his concern showed up on his face, trying to read what I've been feeling through my eyes. The cat tilts his head, staring at me before his palm makes its way on my left cheek.

All I could give him was a fake smile, not wanting him to do anything more than this.

"Why are you here? Don't you need to sleep, too?"

The question causes him to purse his lips together, choosing to stare at the floor instead.

"I came here to check if you're doing better... but I see that you're still awake."
"Oh... I'm sorry."

I felt my shoulders rise up in embarrassment as I looked away from his gaze, feeling stiff all of a sudden. He lightly brushes his knuckles against my cheek, later taking his hand off of my face in abrupt. Maybe he realizes what he's doing.

"Did something happen at the rehearsal?"

Juyeon finally asks as I shake my head once again, breathing out. I gave up trying to hold my breath in nervousness. This guy is not just a random guy from school or anything.

This is Juyeon. I shouldn't be afraid of telling him the truth.

"Then, there must be something else bothering you... You're way too quiet. I want to know what's in your crowded head. You know that you can trust me."

The cat softly says back as I nod, thinking about why the hell my heart pounds faster. I don't know what I'm feeling. I'm probably still nervous.

'This is Juyeon, Y/N. You can trust him.', I thought, gulping as I finally turned to look at him.