Chapter 4:

The first subject I had to go through alongside the prideful jerk was Physics and I also had no choice but to listen to the many comments coming out from their mouths. I couldn't hear the reasons for their snickers clearly so I had to pay attention to the topic with a hammering feeling on my chest. I noticed the way Chaeyoung turned around to glare at me, later whispering something to her friends as snickers came out of their mouths again.

What were they planning? What was inside their heads?

There were a lot of instances where they would really speak loudly, hinting that they're going to do several things to me but instead I just stayed silent. I was still scared of them.

But I can't stay silent anymore.

All I did was enter this damned school to do my best but because of this lifelong emptiness I've felt, all of my efforts had gone worse. For the past few days, I couldn't focus, which was making me an easier target for them to make fun of. It was my fault for slacking off but I had a reason. My thoughts were becoming more negative and intense each day. I knew that I could handle a lighthearted joke, especially if it was just to spark up a conversation.

But this was no joke. It was going too far. I was expecting that this situation wouldn't go too far but getting flirty and suggestive comments from Jungwoo, Chaeyoung calling me out for being a "whore", and now, the milkshake incident.

Was the whole situation meant to go this far?

I tapped my pencil on the table with a certain rhythm, later feeling something slide at the side of my thigh. I was startled, not knowing what to do as I lifted my head up to see my seatmate smirk.

"What are you doing?!"

I panicked, trembling as all he did was let out a 'tsk' as if I was the one doing something wrong. I couldn't move away from him because it'd cause too much chaos, causing me to just stay in my seat without knowing how to stop him. His hand later stopped at my inner thigh, pulling me closer to him forcefully. My lips felt like they were taped together. I was prevented from even speaking up.

"Your reactions are so cute."

He compliments, caressing the side of my face as I turn my head away from him, causing the girly snickers to fill in my head once more.

"Please, go away. Please don't do this to me."

I rambled, gulping as I tried pushing his hand away hesitatingly. I was afraid that he might hurt me. I closed my eyes shut, not wanting to see more of what Jungwoo was doing to me. Suddenly, I felt adrenaline rushing in my head.

This cannot happen to me.

"Just... Just stay away from me!"

I yelled at him as both of my hands pushing him away, causing his whole body to fall behind. He almost hits his head on the floor but he successfully protects the side of his head from the hard tiles. The teacher in front of us stops discussing the topic, standing still as his eyes widen in surprise.

"... L/N, is everything alright?-"
"I'm not!"

I interrupted him as I started to feel my mind going into spirals while my heart pounded quickly. All eyes were at me now and I hated it. I hate everything in this school. I hate the way that all of this is happening to me. I buried my face down my palms, telling myself not to cry in front of everyone. I knew that they were going to laugh at me again and that I can't do anything about this.

I wasn't a known student. Who would believe the daughter of an alleged lunatic?

"Do you want to go to the nurse's office? You don't seem well, L/N."