17

2 weeks later

Location: Premier maternity home
           ***
Ifunanya Falade-Balogun "Mummy Monifa"

"Here are your beautiful babies Mrs Nanya" The head nurse in charge of my childbirth smiled widely as she placed my newborns on my chest, so I could bond with them. I could feel tears well up in my eyes as I gazed at them with so much love in my eyes.

"They're so beautiful Alade" I looked up at my husband who looked like he could burst into tears any moment from now. He was staring at our twins with so much emotion.

 He was staring at our twins with so much emotion

"Yes they are babe. Thank you so much" He replied, moving closer to bed.

"I'd take the babies now to clean them up, and have them smelling all delicious, we'll be back very soon" The head nurse chuckled, then proceeded to take the babies from me carefully, with the assistance of another nurse.

"Please wait a minute" I said to the nurses, before turning to my husband.

"Babe, is Tokunbo still out there so he can go with them to keep an eye on the kids?"  I said to him lowly, not wanting any of the nurses to hear me. He looked at me, confused.

"Just call him or Ayanfe, either one of them" I sighed, leaning back into the bed.

"Alright" He replied, gesturing for the nurses to follow him out the ward.

"What just happened Ifu?" Alade chuckled upon returning shortly after. I stared at him like he was unbelievable.

"Alade are you new in this country? Don't you know never to trust the nurses with your babies? They could do and undo" I scoffed.

"I thought those sort of incidents happen at the government-owned hospitals not the private hospitals, especially not an A-list one like this?" He questioned.

"Ahh you can be so clueless at times babe" I laughed. "These people here could steal one of the babies and tell us he's dead—God forbid—or even steal both"

"Omo this country no safe again o" Alade laughed, taking a seat on the bed. It was quiet for a moment. [Bro this country is no longer safe]

"Ifu?" Alade called, breaking the silence.

"Huh?" I answered, looking up to match his gaze.

"Thank you. Thank you for giving me these precious babies. Thank you for sticking with me through thick and thin. Thank you for accepting my two oldest kids like your own. I owe you a lot" He said, his voice full of admiration and love. I couldn't help but burst out into tears.

These pregnancy hormones are still on a high.

"C'mon don't cry Ifunanya..." He said, pulling me into a tight hug.

"I love so much Alade..more than you'll ever know" I said, in-between tears.

"I love you even bigger Ifu. I swear you have my whole heart...well and our kids too" He confessed sweetly, and we both burst out into loud laughter.