【 SIX 】

ᴛʜɪɴɢꜱ ᴅɪᴅɴ'ᴛ ɢᴇᴛ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴀꜰᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀᴛ.

As Anakin followed closely behind the yellow-green speeder, I watched with mild terror as the assassin pulled into a nosedive, forcing us to follow, executing the same move we'd pulled off to rescue Obi-Wan. I groaned as we flattened out into a direction perpendicular to the ground below. I usually had no problems with flying, but this... this was too much.

I could tell Obi-Wan felt the same. His whole body was tense next to mine, and he was pushing himself all the way back in his seat. At one particularly exhilarating moment, we hit a mild bout of turbulence, and, with no armrests available, he grabbed my thigh for support. I nearly passed out then and there. But as much as I wanted to, I couldn't bring myself to say a word. I just sat there in complete, utterly stunned silence until we flattened out and Obi-Wan let go, cheeks redder than a Tatooine sunset.

"Sorry," he muttered to me under his breath. "No... no support. Had to-"

"Uh..." I still couldn't bring myself to speak words. "I mean... yeah, no problem. Just... forget about it."

Obi-Wan nodded like he wanted nothing more.

"What are you two going on about now?" Anakin cried, his eyes narrowed in concentration as he kept the speeder trained on the assassin's off in the distance.

Obi-Wan and I replied simultaneously, quick and embarrassed. "Nothing."

"Well, as long as you're not snipping at each other," he went on, "I could use some help."

"I'll help as soon as you stop making this trip into a suicide mission," I snapped back. "I don't know if you've noticed, but Obi-Wan and I are crammed in here like sardines. We can't even use a seatbelt. That nosedive-"

"I had it all under control," Anakin quipped. "I didn't realize you didn't like flying, Emmy. Another thing you have in common with my master." He gave me a cheeky grin.

I wanted to kick Anakin in the shins, but he was too far away to do so without tumbling out of the speeder. Thankfully, however, Obi-Wan didn't seem to notice the comment, or if he did, he ignored it. "It's not that I don't like flying, Anakin. I don't have a problem with flying at all, actually. It's your flying I take issue with--it's like suicide-"

At that moment, I saw the assassin in the speeder ahead pull a gun out of their window. For a terrifying moment, I thought they were going to aim at us--and with no hood to our speeder, we would be virtually screwed. But instead, they leveled the barrel at a nearby electrical tower, causing bolts of purple electricity to hiss between the two metal towers.

It was my turn to swear.

"Anakin," Obi-Wan reprimanded quickly, "how many times have I told you--AH!" He yelled out as Anakin drove straight through the couplings, sending a jolt of electricity coursing through us, "to stay away from power couplings?!"

"Bit too late for that now, isn't it, Kenobi?" I hissed through clenched teeth.

Obi-Wan ignored me, sending a scathing glare at his apprentice. "That was good," he snapped sarcastically.

"Oh, give him a break. There was nothing he could have done to avoid that."

"Naberrie, kindly leave yourself out of this- wait." Obi-Wan paused, glancing to the side as the speeder we were tailing drove straight into a tunnel--a tunnel Anakin had passed completely. "Where are you going?" He demanded of his apprentice, pointing a finger towards the tunnel that the speeder had just disappeared into. "He went that way!"