Which way to jump

JTF Volunteer Miles Morales and MJ sit down next to the base's friendly weapons dealer. He also takes five to sit down and grabs a chair to relax from sorting weapons and cataloging any firearms recovered from the streets.

"Glad you can catch yourself a break, Miles." MJ says. "I hear Paul Rhodes is quite a character."

"He's not that bad if you do good enough." Miles looks towards the ground and rubs his eyes. "Just wish he'll make it back sooner than later."

"Well, he can take care of himself." The weapon smith says. "But we'll need him if we want heating and better electricity up and running. Good news is we're getting some help. Heard some people and Spider-Man rescued all those doctors from the garden and we're bringing them back to the base."

"Wait, they're bringing them here!?!" Miles then tilts his head up and rises from his seat. "My mom was stationed in the Garden before it got taken over by those street gangsters. Any chance they got her?"

Just then, the JTF weapons dealer stands up straight as Mile's dad leads a group of people through the entrance, obviously all checked for signs of green poison. Jessica Kandel looks around the place before she's escorted into the medical wing. Finally, medic John Oxton steps out as the Madison Field Hospital crew took over the medical wing.

Then, Jefferson Davis pulls the weapon smith to the side and chat for a few minutes. The Weapon smith suddenly nods and takes four JTF soldiers with him out of the base. He waves to MJ and Miles before leaving the safe base of operations.

Wanting to find out about who is inside the medical wing, MJ and Miles leave the security wing and head inside the medical facility. It didn't take Miles long until he finds his dad and his mom hugging each other tight. MJ could hear Miles saying her name once to get her attention. Then, a tear slivers down her eye as he joins with his mom and dad in their family reunion.

-Spider-Man-

Spider-Man is the last person to enter the base of operations with agents Springfield and O'Connor. They head for the medical wing where the recently rescued staff fumble in a room with lack of good medical equipment. As they step inside, Jessica Kandel is working diligently on a laptop in her office. Faye Lau was also in the room, making herself quiet as doctors and nurses worked around her.

"Well, look who it is." Jessica steps out of her office. "Thanks for getting me out of the garden. I've been in some hostile work environments, but Jesus. Of course, its not like this is going to win any prizes either. Antique equipment, zero staff, and patients lining out of the door- this isn't going to cut it."

"We are doing the best we can, Dr. Kandel. Any suggestions you might have, I'm happy to listen."

"Plus, Mary Jane and Doctor Oxton worked their ass off before you showed up and I'm sure they don't want to be back in here." Spider-Man says in his head.

"I know. I know." Kandel sighs while giving a nod. "Beggars, choosers, all the crap. What matters is beating this thing, but I can't do that without knowing anything more about it."

Finally, Faye Lau hands Jessica a binder containing a file from CERA. She went on as the virologist opens the binder and reads the file. It had what to expect from a file, name, birthdate, history, and former occupations along with any information CERA cooked up.

"Here's a good place to start. CERA is pretty sure a Dr. Gordon Amherst had something to do with the outbreak."

"Gordon Amherst..." Spiderman thought. "I've heard of his name from Oscorp before. I need to double check the archives."

"God... that asshole." Kandel growled. "Saw him present a paper in Columbia once. He nearly started a riot. But if he's part of this, I need to talk to him. Anything you can find- notebooks, laptops, close personal friends – I need that too. And we need to talk about live samples, and antibodies. You're going to be busy."