35 | Devotion

All the people saw him walking and praising God, and they recognized that he was the one who used to sit and beg at the Beautiful Gate of the temple complex. So they were filled with awe and astonishment at what had happened to him.
Acts 3:9-10

Nothing is impossible with God. If I were that lame man, as much as possible, I would be hopeless. Maybe if I will pray, I'll just ask the Lord to be with Him already, haha. Kidding aside, when we focus on his situation— 40 years of being lame, brought to the entrance gate just to beg for his needs every single day for 40 years, surely we'll see no hope. BUT praise God, Peter and John came there. It's not a coincidence.

Let me share these two wonderful insights I got from the Lord:

1. God is able to do miracles anywhere, to anyone. He was healed at the entrance of the temple. In our generation today, most people will say "yeah miracles happen inside church... sanctuary... in holy places" BUT no. We can clearly see that God healed him at the exact place where he used to go every single day. Nothing new. Nothing special. It is not about the place, it is about His presence. Let us not limit what God can do to our lives.

We also used to say "miracles happen to holy people" BUT who was that man? Who was that man to receive mercy and supernatural healing from the Lord? He was taken away from shame, inferiority, and down-to-death situation. God's miracle is not bound to who we are but who He is!

2. God is able to restore us.
People can supply our needs temporarily but God is able to restore us from who we were before. People entering the gate gave the man silvers or golds almost every day BUT for that day, he was satisfied not with material needs but with his health. Those silvers represent those things we receive from people. We become happy yet at the end of the day, we will still ask for something. That's the human nature. When Peter and John came there, the man waited to receive something from them but this is what Peter said, "I don't have silver or golds, but what I have I give you: in the name of Jesus Christ, get up and walk!"

It's all about Jesus, not who we are nor where we are!

Maybe you've been waiting to receive something from the Lord but at this moment, take time to reflect. God is not focused only on your day-to-day needs but on your whole life. You'll ask for food, He'll give you job. You'll ask for high grades, He'll give you wisdom. You'll ask for satisfaction, He'll give you a grateful heart.

Do not underestimate what God can do.