Chapter 9

Sarah's jaw was dropped . The initial strong will and power and fire she felt burning inside her was extinguished within a seconds .

She was speechless. She wanted to think that all of this was some sick god damn joke but she knew very well that it wasn't . It was poignant (painful) to her that it was all very real .

She couldn't comprehend it though . How could Andrew do such a thing? No ! He couldn't !? Sarah immediately went to denial . She may have known Andrew for only a couple of days but she knew him well enough to know that he was a kind hearted person .

But did she though ? All she really knew about him was his first and last name . And that his parents death happened on yesterday's date . She didn't even know how many years it's been ?

Sarah gulped as a few tears fell down her face . Unlike other times , these weren't tears of sadness and pain , They were tears of betrayal and pain from that betrayal. And to think she had accepted him as her friend and would have crossed that friend zone if she hadn't learned the truth from Sheriff James .

    The Sheriff had been staring at her reaction and he got what he wanted . Evidence. Evidence that Sarah wasn't with Andrew .

   The Sheriff was glad that he had decided to trust Sarah to not be a murderer accomplice .

  The Sheriff began to say breaking off Sarah's existential crisis : "That's good news . Judging from your reaction , you aren't the murderer nor the accomplice. But unfortunately this wasn't a test . Andrew is in fact the one whom I think is the murderer"

   Sarah's ears perked up at that . She said : "But Sheriff Wait you said you THINK Andrew is the killer right ? So that means you aren't a hundred percent 100% sure?"

     Before Sarah could feel a light of hope the Sheriff was quick to blow away the delusion .

  He said : "Okay it's getting weird when you say Sheriff all the time. Stop saying Sheriff  . From here on out your my temporarily spy partner but only for a limited amount of time .
That's only if you accept it though . If you really want to avenge your friends death and all those other victims and prevent other innocent people from dying as well , then this is the best possible way".

  Sarah was too overwhelmed by this burst of information. She was speechless. She didn't know what to do or say .

  She hadn't even processed the fact that Andrew was the serial killer . But the Sheriff was right , She had to save future innocent people and avenge her friend and his family .

  But could she deal with all of this while she knew Will was going to die any minute?

  But was she going to be selfish and be with Will or be a good person like Will would want and save innocents even if it meant throwing away her feelings for Andrew ?

  The choice was obvious . She had to save people .

Sarah had a  new fire in her eyes . And she was ready to fight hell. Andrew had made her a fool . But this time she will be the one playing him.

   Sarah said : "Fine . I am in . I will act like everything's normal and try to get evidence and information out of Andrew . But for that I need your trust and time".

   The Sheriff nodded and with a genuine smile said : "I knew you were a strong one" and To that Sarah gave a genuine smile as well.

Her heart was dying from the fact that Will was dying and Andrew her possible first love was a murderer . Her brain on the other hand was screaming at her to stop trying to be a hero.