Chapter 5

Maria's Pov

       It's been a few weeks since the dance. Donna and Eric have split up, Hyde got so mad about what Eric did that he left town , and Hailey has been distant with me.  She's been going out late at night and has been on the phone in the kitchen a lot. Now that Donna is single Jackie has been coming over more. That's okay...just gives me an excuse to see Kelso. Speaking of him, we had a date today. I was wearing a jean jumpsuit and white wedges. Then I straightened my hair. 
       He was taking me to the drive in. I heard a honk as I walked out of the house and then said my goodbyes. Kelso smiled at me and kissed me.

" You look hot."

" Thank you. By the way what movie is playing?"

" It's called Grease. "

" Really? Isn't that with John Travolta?"

" Yes it is."

      I smiled at him as he started driving. We got there and he paid for our tickets and parked the car.

"I'm going to go to the refreshment stand , do you want anything?" he asked me

"Popcorn and coke please."

      He nodded and closed there door. I started watching the trailers and commercials when i heard a guy giggling from next to me a little loud. I just ignored it first. Then it got louder , i looked to see who it was and i was shocked. It was Eric. He already moved on with Donna? Kelso came back and handed me my popcorn and coke. He started drinking his coke.

  " Kelso.... look at the car to the right."

He gave me a confused look and looked to the left.

"Kelso the other right."

He looked and was in shocked and then laughed

" ALRIGHT ERIC!"  He shouted

  Eric looked up and saw us in shock. The blonde turned and it was Hailey!!

"Hails?"

She smirked and we all looked away due to awkwardness. I kept eating my popcorn and drinking my soda when I had to use the bathroom. I told Kelso where i was going and got out and started walking to the bathroom.

"Maria!!.."

I turned around and there was Hailey. I told her that we can talk so where not in the cars way disturbing there movie. I walked closer the bathroom and she stood at my side.

" Hailey.... you and Eric?"

" I know .... I know ."

" When? How ? What?"

" The night at the Valentine's Dance....couple of days after that, I went to go and talk to him and he told me that he was dating her cause he couldn't have me and then he kissed me."

"This is why you have been distant." I realized

"Well we don't know how to tell Donna. I mean she gave us her blessing but still."

" What about Hyde?"

" Maria, he hasn't talked or reached out to me at all! He left town before even talking to me about what happened. I had no control what Eric said so why should I worry about him.I would take that as a break up."

" Yeah you're right. Umm looks like the guys are getting impatient. "

We turned and they were both out of the car looking for us. We both laughed and went to use the bathroom. When we were done we went back to our cars. Kelso just smiled at me and asked if everything was okay. I nodded . He fake yawned and went to put his arm around my shoulder. I just giggled. Smooth moved Kelso.