Fallin' for You

Turns out you wouldn't have to guess how you would fit into his family for very long- the very next day while you were out in the market, Camilo nowhere in sight, Pepa invited you over for dinner, which you happily accepted.

Camilo, when you told him, seemed to be even more excited about the news than you were.

"You're going to love the rest of my family, Antonio especially! He's such a sweet little boy, I'm surprised you two haven't already met, considering how much the kids like you-" he continued brightly, and you found yourself completely mesmerized by his antics. He hadn't stopped talking for the past fifteen minutes, excitedly babbling on about his family as you watched in affectionate silence. You were starting to get a handle on these feelings coursing through you the more you were around him- you'd already figured friends didn't think about kissing each other, so your feelings weren't platonic anymore, but how deeply they ran was still something you were trying to piece together.

"-and of course you already know mamá, but you haven't met my papi! You should see the way he looks at my mother, those two were a match made in heaven, he always seems like he knows the right thing to say-" Camilo continued, and you just shook your head fondly, making Camilo pause in his excited rambles. "Something wrong?" he asked, and you shook your head again.

"You're just cute, is all," you said, his cheeks flushing an adorable shade of red at the compliment, a bright triumphant grin on his face.

"You think I'm cute?" he asked giddily, and you rolled your eyes at his antics

"Yes, mi pequeño y lindo camaleón, I do," you agreed, and he cheered excitedly, pumping his fist in excitement. You laughed and he grinned at you, watching as you blew on the paper in front of you to dry the ink. The two of you were currently sitting on the bridge over the river, the water rushing beneath your feet as you chatted to ease some of your nerves before the meal later that day. The said paper you were holding was yet another song, one that had been ringing in your head for days beforehand, though the main melody had only come to you in your sleep the night before. The subject of that song was sitting next to you, staring at you with eager eyes that wanted desperately to interpret the notes written on the page. You'd already promised that you'd play it for him someday, those dang puppy dog eyes truly being your weakness, but his curiosity did not deter him from looking at those notes over and over again, trying to understand why you'd done what you did.

"You know, I was thinking," Camilo said casually, almost a little too casually, tipping you off that he was about to suggest something you may not like, "maybe you should sing for the family, tonight," he finished, smiling at you in that cute boyish way that haunted your dreams. You snorted.

"Nice try, Cami, but you won't get me to sing in front of you that easily," you teased, lightly poking his nose affectionately. He pouted.

"I just wanna hear you sing a little bit!" he whined and you shook your head with a smirk, making Camilo's mouth go dry.

"You've already heard me humming, right? Isn't that enough for now?" you teased, and he scowled, huffing and crossing his arms. He reminded you a bit of an annoyed five year old, and when you voiced this, it only made Camilo's pout grow.

"You're no fun," he mumbled, and you snickered.

"I'm plenty fun, I just don't bend to your will as easily as you want me to," you shrugged, turning and standing. Camilo watched as you stretched, a curious expression on his face, though his cheeks tinted red when your shirt rode up slightly.

"What are you doing? Are you going somewhere?" he asked, rushing to join you as you started walking away.

"I hope you don't expect me to go over to your house for dinner wearing this," you deadpanned, gesturing to your clothes. Camilo blinked.